22/23 Schedule

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
I just saw that some teams have there preseason schedule out any word on the release of the regular season schedule.

swansonsays

Oct 13, 2021
The schedule, without fail, comes out the week we take vacation. Last week of July is our vacation this year! Realistically, probably sometime in the next three weeks, is a good bet. No exact date, though.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
For those anxiously awaiting the publication of the AHL 2022-23 season schedule (include me in that elite group), I encourage consideration of last June's BoG announcement of "schedule unification" plans to return all teams to 72-game schedules. More games, more time needed to shuffle the puzzle pieces into a workable calendar of events. Patience is an uncommon virtue among sports fans. ⌛

Reactions: Roadhog

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
For those anxiously awaiting the publication of the AHL 2022-23 season schedule (include me in that elite group), I encourage consideration of last June's BoG announcement of "schedule unification" plans to return all teams to 72-game schedules. More games, more time needed to shuffle the puzzle pieces into a workable calendar of events. Patience is an uncommon virtue among sports fans. ⌛
I've seen Lehigh Valley tease the schedule release, as well. and don't forget some teams use the AHL Arenas for prospect tournaments or NHL Preseason games (depends on the affiliation)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Home Opener dates are starting to be released/announced (Milwaukee/Utica); all teams have now released Home Openers and confirmed dates for Home Openers

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
New team & facilities factoids from the League schedule announcement above ...
The AHL’s two newest clubs, the Coachella Valley Firebirds and the Calgary Flames’ new affiliate based in Calgary, open the season with a two-game set against each other at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Oct. 16 and 17. The Firebirds begin the home portion of their schedule with four games in the Seattle area before opening Acrisure Arena in Thousand Palms, Calif., on Dec. 18 vs. the Tucson Roadrunners.

The San Jose Barracuda play their first game in their new facility, Tech CU Arena, on Oct. 22 against the Henderson Silver Knights.

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So what happened with Colorado and Tucson not leaving the Pacific? Not that it really matters since each team gets to set their own schedule but there’s now 10 teams in one division. Just wondering since last I heard they were moving.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
For some reason, they decided to leave it be, and do the same wonky playoff format as last season.

Just some thoughts on the schedule--My team (Charlotte) basically has the same opponents as last season, just swap out Texas for Toronto. One of the Toronto games is being played at Air Canada Center (or whatever it's called now). Also, poor Coachella Valley, they got a nice 16-game road trip after those "home" games in Seattle...oof.

Reactions: Roadhog

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Typical BS Chicago Wolves schedule...all the teams around them are playing a ton of different opponents and they continue to play the same 8 teams...downright embarrassing

Reactions: adsfan and Roadhog

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
For some reason, they decided to leave it be, and do the same wonky playoff format as last season.

Also, poor Coachella Valley, they got a nice 16-game road trip after those "home" games in Seattle...oof.
Probably something about the arena not being ready. They broke ground barely a year ago.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
PRO doesn't go outside their division except to play UTI/SYR/ROC.

CGY doesn't play the eastern Canadian teams.

CHA plays TOR, but not LAV or BEL.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Keeping with the OP's sentiment ... why can't the League draw up a schedule this quickly?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Typical BS Chicago Wolves schedule...all the teams around them are playing a ton of different opponents and they continue to play the same 8 teams...downright embarrassing
It is strange, since the Wolves play next door to O'Hare International Airport.

You can see a whole bunch of different teams if you come up to Milwaukee!

Hartford, Springfield, San Diego, Tucson, Winnipeg, Toronto, Belleville and Laval, 13 teams total.

Maybe you can combine with a trip to see the Wolves play in Milwaukee, since it happens 6 times.

The Wolves play Cleveland and Milwaukee does not this season.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Henderson is only playing intra-division opponents this season.

Pacific Division top 7 teams get into playoffs. Top seed gets bye, the other six face off to determine the other three opponents. Re-seeding after every round.

Reactions: JMCx4

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
It is strange, since the Wolves play next door to O'Hare International Airport.

You can see a whole bunch of different teams if you come up to Milwaukee!

Hartford, Springfield, San Diego, Tucson, Winnipeg, Toronto, Belleville and Laval, 13 teams total.

Maybe you can combine with a trip to see the Wolves play in Milwaukee, since it happens 6 times.

The Wolves play Cleveland and Milwaukee does not this season.
Believe me I will be in Milwaukee and Rockford multiple times this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad