GDT: #22 | 11/21/13 | Nashville Predators vs Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM | LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
LOL I know Clarkson is getting overpaid, but this post makes absolutely no sense. Would YOU ever take a $1.25 mil pay cut to play for a team when there are many teams showing interest?

No way. It's all about business yo! :laugh:

Well all the ****aki mushroom about coming home and living out his dream, you would think he wouldn't hamper the team with a contract like that.. anything over 5 million is 30 goals territory. Clarkson has shown nothing of that at all just hits everything in sight... I will remain judgement in till he play 30 games

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I fell asleep at the beginning of the 2nd period when we were up 1-0.

I woke up, and it was 3-1.

WTF?

Who sleeps during a game? :shakehead :sarcasm:

Kadri again, has not seized the moment with JVR and Kessel. Awful quiet tonight, I expected a much bigger game from Nazem tonight, I am shocked actually. Post Cherry rant.

A wee bit dramatic, no?

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Nazem still needs shelter minutes, he hasn't developed a game where he can compete against the other team's top lines.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Games like this show why a guy like Fraser is necessary in the lineup... blocks a ton of shots especially on the PK and clears the front of the net. 2 of those goals were avoidable.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
He literally made one pass for Kessel to shoot from like 20 feet out and did nothing else.

Give and go with Lupul in the first where he deflected it 5 feet in front Mazanec. That was an excellent chance.

And he teed up Kessel in the slot.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Well all the ****aki mushroom about coming home and living out his dream, you would think he wouldn't hamper the team with a contract like that.. anything over 5 million is 30 goals territory. Clarkson has shown nothing of that at all just hits everything in sight... I will remain judgement in till he play 30 games

This. He falls way more than any player i've seen.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Was he also dragging him down when Lupul did nothing playing with JVR and Kessel? Last I checked Lupul had 3 pts last game.

Are you actually watching? When Clarkson gets the puck going into the neutral zone he is thinking one thing: dump and chase. This is not Lupul's game. Clarkson has a really tough time taking a pass in stride, and delivering one to someone to take in stride as well.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Give and go with Lupul in the first where he deflected it 5 feet in front Mazanec. That was an excellent chance.

And he teed up Kessel in the slot.

So you could only point out two things to prove he has done well on the 1st line - the one thing I mentioned, and a play with a guy who isn't even on the 1st line. Thanks for that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bozak needs to hurry up and GTF back.

It's a disgrace that so many people **** on the guy.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
The PK is 81% since Bozak's injury not including tonight. It was 86% with him in the lineup.

10 games is WAY too small a sample size to draw the conclusion that Bozak's injury has anything to do with the PK not doing as well. The difference between those numbers is literally just two goals against.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Games like this show why a guy like Fraser is necessary in the lineup... blocks a ton of shots especially on the PK and clears the front of the net. 2 of those goals were avoidable.

Have you seen him play this season? He has been terrible and cant even get the puck out of his own zone... Fraser is a good stop gap for a 48 game season.. But though a full 82 you are just asking for trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad