Prospect Info: 217th pick overall - Ty Gallagher

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If there ever was a draft where there was a high “hit” rate on late round picks this years is the one

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I actually don't believe the round a guy was picked in really matters to me this draft. Sounds like many of these kids could have been taken anywhere. Circumstances made true rankings a lot more difficult.

It does feel like the Bruins did a hell of a job this draft though. When you can look at a guy drafted in the seventh round and say "wow I'm really excited to watch how he develops", it speaks volumes.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I actually don't believe the round a guy was picked in really matters to me this draft. Sounds like many of these kids could have been taken anywhere. Circumstances made true rankings a lot more difficult.

It does feel like the Bruins did a hell of a job this draft though. When you can look at a guy drafted in the seventh round and say "wow I'm really excited to watch how he develops", it speaks volumes.

This is the first draft in a long time that I feel you can say that about every pick. A bit of everything in this one.

Lysell = Obvious reasons

Harrison = big, scored as an OHL rookie

Svedeback = Raw but athletic, unknown to me

Jellvik = kind of an unknown to me, but like the scouting reports

Mast = big/nasty/RHD

Grasseau = BC bound, big with some upside

Gallagher = Sounds like a kid with some talent that was not utilized properly. BU bound.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
This is going to sound absurd for a 7th rounder, but I had a late first round grade on this player.

Awful usage from a terrible new coach caused this guy’s stock to plummet this year.

Gallagher is a two way defenseman who is slightly more offensively inclined. He has an elite shot from the point. The type of shot that can beat goalies clean. He also has good offensive instincts and playmaking. He’s not flashy, but he’s a PP type. Defensively, he’s right around average. Size isn’t bad either. Skating is a little below average. I think he has top pair potential.

Nice!
Feel like no one on the back end can get their shots through.

Charlie's got a muffin shot. Grizz can't hit the net. Carlo's Carlo. Etc.....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00