Prospect Info: #212 Brennan Ali, 2022 Draft

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It wasn't that long ago that this kid was thought of pretty highly in US hockey circles. I am not sure what exactly happened with him.

Reactions: bedtime20

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Anyone have any insight as to why he bounced between the NTDP, a different USHL team, and USHS?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kid is a big time plus athelte, if I’m remembering correctly.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
He must've had injury issues. Hasn't played very much hockey the last few years, but he somehow ended up on the US Hlinka tournament team and had 3 points in 4 games. Seems like there's potential, but he's going from prep school directly to D1 hockey..big jump.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
He must've had injury issues. Hasn't played very much hockey the last few years, but he somehow ended up on the US Hlinka tournament team and had 3 points in 4 games. Seems like there's potential, but he's going from prep school directly to D1 hockey..big jump.
I could be wrong but think he is actually going back to Lincoln for a full USHL season

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Yes!

Love this pick.

You want a guy that will go through a brick wall for his team? He's the guy.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Button had him ranked 52ish, pretty sure the black book or mckeens (cant remember but a well known publication) had him in the 60s as well.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Button had him ranked 52ish, pretty sure the black book or mckeens (cant remember but a well known publication) had him in the 60s as well.
The Black Book gave him an NI rating, meaning "no interest." Their analysis of him was negative on pretty much everything except compete. They end their analysis with " . . . there isn't much that suggests to us that this player is on the road to being an NHL'er." I don't think I've ever read an analysis of a player as negative as this one.

Reactions: Killerjas

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
How does he get invited to the combine if he was ranked so low?

Black book was probably written by Wheeler who ranked Detroit at 32nd for this draft. Might have been because Detroit didn't take a single player off Wheeler's board on day two.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The Black Book gave him an NI rating, meaning "no interest." Their analysis of him was negative on pretty much everything except compete. They end their analysis with " . . . there isn't much that suggests to us that this player is on the road to being an NHL'er." I don't think I've ever read an analysis of a player as negative as this one.
He was the 83rd ranked NA skater by central scouting as well, he was for sure 53 on craigs list. Maybe it was Mckeens or something instead of the black book but someonee lse had him 60 something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad