GDT: #21: FLYERS at Sabres, Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2018, 7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
That Flyers bingo thing is shortcut to alcohol poisoning. There is early game on Friday (8pm our local time), so I might give it a shot, then spend the whole Saturday recovering.

Reactions: klutch

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Voracek really needs to get out of this funk and put up some points, especially on the PP. But the Flyers as a whole are having some major PP issues. When you had a top 5/10 PP for a few years and now, even though it's basically the same PP1 group, it's in the bottom of the league, you're doing something very wrong as a system. f*** Hak. f*** Hexy. f*** Lappy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Skinner is on fire. Ditto for Hoffman, it's just crazy how gms willingly want to get rid of these players. Ditto O'Reilly. Fricking Weiss has more points than Berglund and sobotka lol.

Hoffman’s situation was a bit different.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hoffman was shopped before the full nature of the situation went public. When the news broke, it lowered his value.

If Hakstol didn’t bench Lindblom for wiese, Ghost for Provy in OT, and Folin for Amac, we win the last game. We have the worst gaa in the league. His tactics cost goals and points and do not improve defense.

The Ghost-Giroux-Voracek unit was on the ice for close to a minute, then they lost. I’m not really following the logic where starting them in OT would guarantee an overtime win.

Or where Folin getting 14 minutes instead of MacDonald would guarantee a regulation win.

Or where Weise having 25 seconds more of ice time than Lindblom cost them the game.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hoffman was shopped before the full nature of the situation went public. When the news broke, it lowered his value.

The Ghost-Giroux-Voracek unit was on the ice for close to a minute, then they lost. I’m not really following the logic where starting them in OT would guarantee an overtime win.

Or where Folin getting 14 minutes instead of MacDonald would guarantee a regulation win.

Or where Weise having 25 seconds more of ice time than Lindblom cost them the game.

No prob let me lay it out for you.

Provy started the OT with g and Jake. Not ghost. Provy went on to screw up a few chances in OT.

Folin has been solid. I think he has a team best +\- when he started in the trash there. He’s been off the ice for more goals against than most. Amac was the man responsible for the first and second goal. He starfished for the 5-3 goal. He’s usually responsible for a goal against every game. Anyone is better than him. Folin is no exception and has played well for awhile.

Weise had several breakaways that you’d much rather have Lindblom on. 25 seconds is a lot when one guy is on the second line and the other 4th in a game you mostly trail. Lindblom has played phenomenal and may be one of our best passing forwards already. To replace him with Weise literally makes no sense. If you keep starting shit players with good ones the shit ones will find themselves in scoring range without the finish. He did the same with Vdv, peb, Lehtera etc

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Sanheim and Gudas seem to be a pairing that works together. Sanheim has some serious skills. He needs PT for development. Sitting him when things go off of the rails when he is on the ice is the last thing that he needs. Tell him what went wrong, why and then get him back out there to show that he got it. He'll get bigger and stronger with time. He's going to be a big time player. And no, he shouldn't be traded.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I know that this is unpopular around here but to me the biggest disappointment on the defensive side with the blueliners this year has been Gostisbehere. Provy was off his game for a while but is getting back on track. Gudas has kept his game under control. AMac is AMac bad and needs to be sheltered. But there were high expectations for Ghost and he's not met them on defense. His offense is fine.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I know that this is unpopular around here but to me the biggest disappointment on the defensive side with the blueliners this year has been Gostisbehere. Provy was off his game for a while but is getting back on track. Gudas has kept his game under control. AMac is AMac bad and needs to be sheltered. But there were high expectations for Ghost and he's not met them on defense. His offense is fine.
I’d say that both Ghost & Provorov have been very disappointing defensively, particularly with turnovers. Both have been turnover machines. They’ve both underperformed offensively, as well, though that bothers me less, & Ghost’s offense has picked up lately.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ghost hasn't been bad defensively. In fact he's probably been better then Provorov.
Provorov is soft around the net. Other than that he’s been good defensively. Ghost is just kinda soft all around defensively. He has good coverage skills along with a good stick, but when it comes to the battles, he’s usually outmatched, so far this year. Quite frankly, all of our Dmen, besides Gudas, have been outmatched in areas like the crease and boards.

Ranking our best Dmen so far:

1) Gudas 2) Provorov 3) Sanheim/Ghost 4) Ghost/Sanheim 5) Folin 6) Hagg 7) Amac

Reactions: renberg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Being soft/hard/heavy/whatever are the most overrated cliches in hockey.

He gets the puck and moves it. That's 100x more important than board battles.

Reactions: Domino666

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
That Flyers bingo thing is shortcut to alcohol poisoning. There is early game on Friday (8pm our local time), so I might give it a shot, then spend the whole Saturday recovering.

Oh yeah I didn't even think of incorporating alcohol. Drink for each square you check off. Would make the game worth watching

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not responsible for any alcohol related deaths that result from that bingo card. Alcohol poisoning is serious business and by the end of a normal game most of those squares are likely filled.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
We don’t have to bullshit. We all know:
5CDD07BB-AB3A-4587-8598-E97B36B6DEB5.jpeg

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Buffalo will score first, then Hakstol will put out the Weal, Weiss, Simmonds line directly after the score, and the Flyers will give up another and go behind 0-2. The rest of the game will be an uphill climb with Hakstol's wonderful pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass, shoot from the outside, then retreat to the defensive zone.
In other words, this will be yet another loss. But Hextall will grant his coach a vote of confidence, which should get him sacked as well!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I'm going to hop on the negative train for this one:

The Sabres' offense will likely skate circles around our defense, TV crew will mention Mac Donald in particular for his effort (multiple blocks in situations where he allowed the zone entries first, star fish move on breakaways...), Buffalo takes the early lead before being gifted another goal due to a goaltending miscue. Flyers will chase the whole night...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Buffalo's a weird team, they have some young talent but they're clearly playing over their head, being carried by their goalies.

Hutton has started well, but has never carried the load. Up to age 30, he was a marginal NHL goaltender, then two decent seasons and a breakout last year (.931) in 32 starts. At age 33 he's a miracle or a fluke.

Ullmark is a 26 year old backup, 6th rd pick, who's had an up and down career, good year then bad year in the SHL, decent rookie showing in Buffalo after a meh year in the AHL, then back to the AHL for another meh season, finally broke out last year, .922, and is playing well this year so far.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart has potential, Eichel is the key, Skinner is off to a hot start (11 ES goals) but 21% shooting is not sustainable.
Sheary - Middlestadt - Okposo, 3rd line at best on most teams, Middlestadt hasn't done much so far
Thompson - Sobotka - Pominville, Pominville at 36 is playing well, the other two, ecch.
Berglun - Larsson - Girgensons, meh

Dahlin is already their best defensemen in terms of metrics, but is getting sheltered minutes (5th at ES), the top four all struggle with possession. They could eventually pair him with Ristolainen for a heck of a 1st pair.

They're 17 in xGF%. A team playing over its head who should regress to the mean at some point this year, but dangerous at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad