GDT: #21| FLYERS at Red Wings| Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 | 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
People really need to step back from the edge.

The team isnt really bad.

We certainly are playing really bad but its being maximized by a few guys in slumps, a few over the hill vets that eat up too much ice time and the fact we continue to lack a really noteable #1 D.

Trading Vinny and RJ and picking up a Dman would do this team wonders.

I know its overused but it cant be said enough how much this team needs a Pronger/Weber type figure coordinating the flow of play.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
They must be trying to get Berube fired. Thats my only explanation why so many players suck right now.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vinny is really the biggest problem on the roster... not just for his play but for the trickle down effect he has due to the minutes he plays and the balance of the forwards.

Him being here means that there is one awful line constantly in the top 9, and that the other line has such insane minutes it is frankly very, very hard for them to produce at EV... due to starting 75% of the time in their own zone.

That in turn means the top line is the only real threat.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

We certainly are playing really bad but its being maximized by a few guys in slumps, a few over the hill vets that eat up too much ice time and the fact we continue to lack a really noteable #1 D.

I know its overused but it cant be said enough how much this team needs a Pronger/Weber type figure coordinating the flow of play.

If this were possible it probably would've already happened.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Vinny is really the biggest problem on the roster... not just for his play but for the trickle down effect he has due to the minutes he plays and the balance of the forwards.

Him being here means that there is one awful line constantly in the top 9, and that the other line has such insane minutes it is frankly very, very hard for them to produce at EV... due to starting 75% of the time in their own zone.

I've been saying this all season. Vinny isn't a problem just because he sucks, it's also because he's a massive logistical problem that affects the rest of the lineup.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010

Why would another team want our garbage? To lose games? Maybe put them on waivers but even then...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Well of course if we added Weber for nothing and dumped our 2 overpaid forwards we would be better. Last I checked, no one us giving away #1 dmen for free.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006

Agree. Since that signing and the first game he played the aura of the team just seemed to change. Also Kimmo Timonens leadership is a huge void that has not been yet filled.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I've been saying this all season. Vinny isn't a problem just because he sucks, it's also because he's a massive logistical problem that affects the rest of the lineup.

Yeh, he plays like crap with 60% offensive zone draws vs the worst opponents and drags his linemates down with him possession wise. That not only affects his line negatively but means the other line behind the 1st gets shafted as well in terms of opportunity.

Get him off the roster and it is less of a one line roster instantly...

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
That's because Berube should go. This team looks completely disorganized. I said it when he got the job. We should have kept Lavy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeh, he plays like crap with 60% offensive zone draws vs the worst opponents and drags his linemates down with him possession wise. That not only affects his line negatively but means the other line behind the 1st gets shafted as well in terms of opportunity.

Get him off the roster and it is less of a one line roster instantly...

That's why him, Umberger and Rinaldo should be the 4th line getting 6 minutes a game.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I can't believe homer was stupid enough to give this bum such a long contract.

Even if he was in Lavy's system how good could he been when it looks like he's skating in cement since he ****ing got here.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's why him, Umberger and Rinaldo should be the 4th line getting 6 minutes a game.

Exactly, move Bellemare up and seclude all your garbage to one line that plays a tiny amount every game, like a 4th line should.

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Bellemare-Couturier-Read

is the best possible lineup right now, but when you start screwing with things to try to get bad players going all it does is drag everyone down. Let that 4th line play as little as possible and let the other three lines split the rest of the time fairly evenly.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Pay Florida a 2nd round pick to take Vinny and do the same with Umberger to some other team. We are going to a have to take a hit to get rid of them

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

He will still drag them down! :laugh: But yeh, it is pretty sensible to do at this time.

He has a 40% Corsi for this year, 45% last year, and has dragged virtually every teammates down possession wise.

His minutes are a complete waste of a quarter of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad