Post-Game Talk: #21 | Flyers at Islanders | November 25, 2023 | 1-0 shootout win (1-0)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hold the phone, should I be watching the games this season? We won in the shootout?
Did the other team just say “nah, we played 3 periods and an OT, we’re good with one point”, and just not come out for it?

Live for thatfinish.

Marc Staal is insulting to watch.
Shit. I forgot he existed.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Good game by Ersson and Foerster.

Brilliant by Torts to shift the 4th line on when Couturier's line had the Isles pinned in the zone for over a minute in the 2nd. Also, Poehling in OT was genius. JFC

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Well..... I guessed the Flyers score but had the wrong goal scorer and winning team. Sheesh!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
F_Vvn0BW8AAZ1Yn.jpeg.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
How was the missus with leaving the little one at home? Can be tough the first night out.
This was her second or third time going out without her. She was struggling either the second or third week and it was her mom's birthday and they were having a happy hour for her so I kicked her out of the house and made sure she went to that. Even still, she handled it well. She wasn't wearing her apple watch so she wasn't getting any texts, and she only checked her phone once or twice. It was a good, and much needed, night out

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Was in Vegas for the week and thankfully missed the clunkers against the Isles and Rags, but managed to catch this one.

Nice to see them win - but man, what a boring game. A lot of is that the Isles are a boring team and not very fast outside of Barzal, but I wonder how much of this has to do with guys like Staal and Risto being back. Those two are just not interesting players.

Ersson impressed. Glad Foerster got the SO winner. Thought Frost, TK, Coots, Sanheim, Walker all looked very good.

I do hold out hope that Torts eventually accepts that Deslauriers is not an everyday NHL player, especially considering the other options we have. Nothing wrong with having him play when needed, but to me, he's not an 82 game guy, This team is better when Brink is in the lineup, and Torts needs to find a way to make that happen that does not include scratching Frost.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad