GDT: [#21] Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW+)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Horrible shot choice by Pitlick. Literally no way that was gonna go in

Unless this means empty net time

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well this sucks . With the net empty they had some fight and they didn't surrender an ENG still no energy left .

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Why was Heiskanen the only one shooting there

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Why was Heiskanen the only one shooting there

To be fair that lane was wide open most of the time but Benn should've been just throwing the puck to the net for a rebound chance there. 3 guys in front, just hit the net for a rebound lmao

LT

Jul 23, 2010
To be fair that lane was wide open most of the time but Benn should've been just throwing the puck to the net for a rebound chance there. 3 guys in front, just hit the net lmao

Yea that wasn’t a slight at Heiskanen but at everyone else

It’s not a PP, get it near the damn net

Starsfansfromqc

Sep 8, 2018
I think we badly need's a playmaker more than goal scorer. The stars struggle at making plays. That's why we miss Klingberg so much.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Zuccarello pls

Let’s take him back with us

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars should've thrown Bayreuther out there at the end in place of Spezza.

Have Bayreuther taking bombs from the point with Benn-Seguin-Faksa in front of the net

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Observations from the game:
(1) MSG is a great venue; the renovation was clearly top notch
(2) The Rangers crest is beautiful at center ice; really looks good
(3) I told my buddy that, if Dallas goes into the third period tied, they will lose; nailed it
(4) Uninspired hockey is really hard to watch; glad my friend got to see his Rangers get a win since it’s his home team
(5) Dallas seems to play to the level of the competitor; felt like the Ottawa game all over again
(6) I’m enough of a hockey fan to enjoy great plays: Seguin’s goal was one heck of a snipe; Vesey’s goal happened because of a little bit of creativity and because he never quit on the play; and Chytil’s goal was another gorgeous snipe
(7) Monty should bench Benn to either make him demand a trade (which I would welcome) or to help him play angry; lazy skating all game long
(8) #GoStars

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm pretty surprised Benn doesn't get more heat. He's the highest paid player on that top line and easily the least productive.

Anyone still think trading Benn for Panarin is a joke? I would do it 1 for 1 in a heartbeat if Panarin will extend in Dallas.

Reactions: CykaBlyat

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I'm pretty surprised Benn doesn't get more heat. He's the highest paid player on that top line and easily the least productive.
Anyone still think trading Benn for Panarin is a joke? I would do it 1 for 1 in a heartbeat if Panarin will extend in Dallas.

I agree with your assessment. Dallas was my pre-season pick to win the cup this year, but the extreme inconsistency in the Stars offense is really making me nervous.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'd easily do that as well. Get the better, younger, and faster player. Jim Nill wouldn't do it. Benn, like it or not, is here for the rest of his career

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'd easily do that as well. Get the better, younger, and faster player. Jim Nill wouldn't do it. Benn, like it or not, is here for the rest of his career

This franchise let Mike Modano finish his career in a Red Wings jersey. If Benn keeps this shit up they wont keep him. I dont think Gaglardi would put up with that and that's way too much invested in a player not getting it done. The longer they wait the more of his salary they'll have to eat when they do move him.

To clarify: I dont believe for a second that Nill and Co have the balls to trade Jamie Benn this season. We could miss the playoffs again and he probably wouldn't be traded next season either.

However, hes not playing $10.5m hockey. He's playing $5-6m hockey and these teams, mind you, are businesses. No professional sports franchise will keep a player like that around eating up cap space and money like that.

I personally think we've seen the last of reckless "beast mode" Jamie Benn, which unfortunately is what made him a top player. It took its toll on his body and he cant keep that level of play up.

We might see it in the playoffs which would be great. Have to make it there first, which he has played a minimal role in the stars successes so far.

Reactions: Multigrain

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Benn’s NMC almost certainly ends any chance of that happening over the next 7 years.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't want to trade Benn but I get envious when I see an older player like Wheeler play his guts out every night and actually seems to be getting better in his 30s. Now of course the Jets have a way better team and Wheeler absolutely feasts on the PP, but it's all about the effort - it's very clear. Wheeler skates until his legs don't work anymore.

Skating may not be Benn's strength but I think we all watch enough hockey here to know when a guy is moving and engaged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Keep in mind that Benn is a miracle when you analyse his skillset at young age (is this english or frenglish? lol)

some inconstant play but a lot of leadership...no doubt about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad