GDT: [#21] Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW+)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Leadership? We have, from time to time around here, questioned the overall mindset of the Stars players the last ten years. Monty called it out as not being "championship caliber work ethic", starting with his top players.

That would seem to be at least some confirmation that for all their talent, maybe Seguin and Benn aren't in the mindset of working hard enough to win. I recall Gretsky saying when they lost in the finals their first big year, that he realized they hadn't had the mental toughness to win it all, and vowed to change.

Pure speculation, but maybe their bromance as two young single guys has their minds in other places, such as enjoying the celebrity of being a top of the line hockey player, but still not of the mindset that nothing but winning matters. Of course, none of these guys other than Seguin has experienced a near miss in the playoffs, and wait, he didn't either. Bruins won, no?

At the very least, its Monty saying what we say here every day - we don't get 110% effort out of our top players every night, and until that changes, results in the standings won't change much either.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would Kevin Hayes be a fit for you guys?

Can he play on the wing for the time being and eventually be a 2C if Spezza leaves this offseason

I'd be open to Hayes but you guys would need to take back a roster player or 2/we would have to dump a couple

I bet Nill would be interested too because of his size

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad