21,287?!

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
regarding this.

How big a hockey arena can be? (without having crappy seats). Could we build a 28k arena one day?

You could have 28k seats in the bell center without building a new arena. Just have seats on the ceiling. The belts should be pretty solid though to prevent people from falling on the ice, but they'll have a nice bird's eye view of the play. Their necks might hurt after the game though. Problem of course is getting in and out of the seats.

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
"21,287 arbitres ici au Centre Bell réclament une pénalité."

Going to have to get used to it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
regarding this.

How big a hockey arena can be? (without having crappy seats). Could we build a 28k arena one day?

thunderdomeTBcorwd.jpg

28,183 for a Playoff Game.

800px-Eroeffnungsspiel_eishockey_wm_2010.jpg

Though neither are 'Hockey' Arenas. And both had very crappy seats!

Adamcrazy3

Dec 9, 2011
Montreal, Canada
You could have 28k seats in the bell center without building a new arena. Just have seats on the ceiling. The belts should be pretty solid though to prevent people from falling on the ice, but they'll have a nice bird's eye view of the play. Their necks might hurt after the game though. Problem of course is getting in and out of the seats.

Sounds like a cool idea until someone falls and dies on the ice live on TV.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I don't know if I see them replacing the Bell Centre in my lifetime (I am 30). The location is to good and there's is to much development happening around it. It's the hub of downtown, maybe even the city.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Les deux bancs des pénalités ont effectivement été raccourcis durant la morte-saison pour permettre l’installation de huit sièges supplémentaires, quatre de chaque côté.

Un abonnement de saison pour un billet à proximité du banc des pénalités se vend 7610 $.

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...on-les-fils-se-touchent-et-milan-lucic-aussi/

Ce changement permettrait donc au Canadien d’amasser 60 880$ supplémentaires par saison. Ce chiffre ne prend pas en compte les séries éliminatoires, donc on peut assumer que ce sera plus que ça à la fin de l’année.

Toutefois, ce n’est pas sans coût alors que selon le journaliste de Radio-Canada, la capacité des bancs a été diminuée et ce sera pratiquement impossible d’y asseoir plus que 3 joueurs.

http://25stanley.com/le-canadien-a-...-centre-bell-pour-vendre-plus-de-billets.html

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
We are so lucky to be sold out each game and we help filling empty seats in other arena that's just awesome for the home teams.

If we compare ourselves to the Panthers, we are so lucky:
October 2: 2 859
October 11: 11 419
October 13: 7 311

I mean....did they know that the season started on October 2?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
We are so lucky to be sold out each game and we help filling empty seats in other arena that's just awesome for the home teams.

The season didn't start until Oct 8, but still 2,859 is still brutal for a pre season game.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal

And it was vs Tampa Bay, their supposedly rival... lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad