21/22 Roster Speculation Thread Part IX - The trade deadline cometh Monday , March 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Elliotte Friedman on ATW discussing a conversation he had with Kevyn Adams:

"They are really trying to figure out who his (Power) defense partner is going to be. I don't know a name, but I think you can assume it's the modern day Craig Rivet. They are looking for that guy."

Could be a free agent or someone with term that they trade for this year.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

"They are really trying to figure out who his (Power) defense partner is going to be. I don't know a name, but I think you can assume it's the modern day Craig Rivet. They are looking for that guy."

Unfortunately, I did not follow Buffalo at that time and did not see Rivet play, what does he look like from modern players?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Unfortunately, I did not follow Buffalo at that time and did not see Rivet play, what does he look like from modern players?

Rivet on Buffalo at the time was a veteran at age 32+ Who played RD.

I think he was pared with Sekera who was in his early 20s then on an ELC.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think EF's point was a veteran RD who could play the minutes Power plays, who would be a calming influence and provide leadership and communication on the ice.

They love Manson on that show. But acknowledge that he isn't coming here. EF mentioned Matt Benning and Anton Stralman as realistic options that might come here. But also questioned if they could play the minutes.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think EF point was a veteran RD who could play the minutes Power plays, who would be a calming influence and provide leadership and communication on the ice.

They love Manson on that show. But acknowledge that he isn't coming here. EF mentioned Matt Benning and Anton Stralman as realistic options that might come here. But also questioned if they could play the minutes.
Manson seems to be falling off a cliff, so I won't be upset if he doesn't come here. Stralman hasn't been that good for a long time and his defensive play raises serious questions. Also not sure about Benning. We probably don't need Power's mentor to play many minutes, mostly 5v5 workload and PK probably.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think EF point was a veteran RD who could play the minutes Power plays, who would be a calming influence and provide leadership and communication on the ice.

i don’t think Braun could play top 4 minutes next year.

the other issue is getting to the cap floor.
They need a vet D who would be making $4M+ neighborhood.

i don’t have a problem signing Manson to a high amount if it’s maxed at 3 yrs. He probably won’t sign it unless it’s a really high cap hit.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Braun makes sense for a couple of years, he's been decent defensively in Flyers this season, and has played about 20 minutes a game. He probably would have even played less in Buffalo and could have been Power's mentor.
Braun.JPG

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

i don’t have a problem signing Manson to a high amount if it’s maxed at 3 yrs. He probably won’t sign it unless it’s a really high cap hit.
Braun is a much better defensive player than Manson and has even played more ice-time this season. Manson is heavily overrated because of his past.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
It's good to know they are looking to find Power's defense partner and it sounded like it was from an external candidate (not Joker, Fitz or Pysyk).

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Manson is reportedly most interested in staying out west, near his wife's family. I would think Anaheim and LA have first dibs on making that happen without breaking the bank.

As for Braun, he's already pulling down top 4 TOI among regular Flyer D-men and not being a complete suck in his own zone. He's certainly an option and it's not like Power is going to be hopping into 22 minutes a night immediately. Might want to temper those expectations a tad.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Florida knows what they have with Weegar. They aren't giving that up.

They know what they have with Gudas too, and I don’t think they’d wanna give that up.

But if I were Florida’s GM, I’d rather lose Gudas than Marchment (assuming I had the choice, that is). You’d hope Mason is the next Hornqvist

Reactions: Weltschmerz

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Rivet on Buffalo at the time was a veteran at age 32+ Who played RD.

I think he was pared with Sekera who was in his early 20s then on an ELC.
20 pts, 75pm's , quiet leader in his good non injured years.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Jeff Petry

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Someone needs to explain to me how trading Olofsson and Mittelstadt at their lowest respective values is going to make them a better team.

Braun seems like a pretty reasonable target as long as the years aren't too many and they at least also bring back Pysyk.
Mitts+ for Fiala

Olofsson for RD

It will make the team better

Reactions: Jacob582

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Mitts+ for Fiala

Olofsson for RD

It will make the team better
Who's the RD we get for Olofsson, what's the + that goes with Mitts and have you checked what Wild fans say.
That's true. It's insane to look at this bag of shit that they keep rolling out and think the 6th and 7th best forwards can't be traded. On a bottom 5 team. Its preposterous.
Value of both players seems low, more so with Mitts than Olofsson. No one is calling them untouchable.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Good Lord, I hope that’s not how they are looking at things. If so, this organization is f*****.

They have trouble finding a partner for Dahlin. Why should we have any confidence they can find someone for Power?

Also, when you are making decisions for helping specific players, you tend to leave a ton of room for error if it doesn’t work out or they don’t have chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad