GDT: #21 11/25 Blue Jackets at Devils - Patty's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is there a reason we just don't really do GDTs anymore? Remember when is was exciting to actually be able to do one? Now it's like, "well, let me throw something together since no one else is going to...". There have been a couple good ones so far, but we used to go all out almost every game.

Anyway, Lets Go Devils!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is there a reason we just don't really do GDTs anymore? Remember when is was exciting to actually be able to do one? Now it's like, "well, let me throw something together since no one else is going to...". There have been a couple good ones so far, but we used to go all out almost every game.

Anyway, Lets Go Devils!

Beats me, used to be if we won the poster who put up the GDT automatically put up the next one...I miss that lol

Guess deep down many still don't believe in the team or haven't shaken the malaise of the last few years enough to get excited.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
I love Patty so much. When he retires, it will be way worse than Marty for me. Patty and Sarge, those are my guys.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Beats me, used to be if we won the poster who put up the GDT automatically put up the next one...I miss that lol

Guess deep down many still don't believe in the team or haven't shaken the malaise of the last few years enough to get excited.

I miss things like the Vishnevski comics and The Church of Salmela... Or that All Your Base GDT. Good times...

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

Anyway, Lets Go Devils!

If anything could demolish any enthusiasm for the team in recent years, it was last season

Was downright brutal most of the time

That said, let's go DEVILS

Make the jackets block so many shots even torts be like dayum

Oh and almost forgot welcome back patty

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I would do more GDTs if I had time but mine don't tend to be very good :laugh: plus they're hard to do at work. I miss the ones we would go all out on too.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Apparently they no longer announce the visiting starters. Assuming it's because of the people yelling "sucks" after each one. Seriously.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Apparently they no longer announce the visiting starters. Assuming it's because of the people yelling "sucks" after each one. Seriously.

Probably. It's stupid, and I'd be fine, or actually happy, if people stopped doing it. But I've accepted that it's our stupid thing.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would do more GDTs if I had time but mine don't tend to be very good :laugh: plus they're hard to do at work. I miss the ones we would go all out on too.

It doesn't matter if they're "good" as long as you give it a try. That's better than just not doing it, or slapping something together in 5 minutes because we feel obligated to do something.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA

HAHA thats actually kind of funny. They better keep playing well or else we might fill the void by saying "sucks" after our own players. :laugh:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That happens everywhere in multiple sports

I was really referring more to the "you suck" chant, but yes, I know it happens a lot. I still think it's stupid, but like I said, it's our stupid thing. It gets the fans involved and that's the ultimate goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad