Recalled/Assigned: 21/02/2020: Karl Alzner Recalled by Montreal (Emergency Recall)

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
If I was Alzner I'd reply f*ck OFF to this.

But I'm not, and if we can be serious, we did make him filthy rich despite the fact we also made him ride a bus for two years. I'm sure he'll make the most of his opportunity.
You wouldnt ride a bus for 4 years and 23 million.....thought so!!!

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
For shit and giggles, let's say we lose another D, who's the next guy on the depth chart after Alzner on the left side?
Leskinen/Olofsson. I think if we were still in the race either of them would play ahead of Alzner, but this was a favour to a veteran and they'd rather have those guys playing in the AHL anyway.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Liked his play last night, calm and effective. Better then the plugs MB got us these last two years.

Reactions: Tyson

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He actually played well, better than Kulak or Reilly have done all year.

Seriously, was going to say the same thing.

He played mistake-free hockey and even had some nice looks offensively where he generated some chances by throwing the puck at the net and generating some rebounds.

Honestly with the season being what it is, why not just play him the rest of the way to showcase him? Best case scenario we can trade him at the draft, worst case is that he brings us down a couple pegs towards Lafreniere.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Impressive that you think ahead like this...I bet our GM isn't even thinking of this "what if" scenario

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Liked his play last night, calm and effective. Better then the plugs MB got us these last two years.

He's gotten faster.

But I have to see him against BBC etter competition before I feel comfortable with him back there.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Didn’t you play in the Q? You have first hand knowledge of how dirty a hockey team bus can get, no?

Depends of the team. Some they would get pretty dirty mainly when we rode the bus in Midget AAA, some other they expected us to keep it as clean as possible, I mean they wouldn't make us clean it, but we were expected to not litter.

Jos Canale in Sherbrooke was one who wanted us to be good citizens outside the ice and take care of the bus and such, really emphasized that, he made a big deal out of preparing us for adult life, and then he went mental one night in Rouyn and he was arrested for taking swings at the audience with a stick. The perfect "do what I say, not what I do" moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00