21 000+ attendance for PWHL game in Montreal

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
21,000+ selflies taken and posted to social media almost unanimously. "I was there!" lmao

I was there. It was a great, important moment that people wanted to share.

I will say this. It was marketed as a big event and Montreal loves big events. Don't expect PWHL to be able to fill an arena as big as the Bell Centre on the regular. I like what the org. has been doing with having most game in the 3000 seat arena and a few games at Place Bell in Laval, which tops out at 10k. They did well by keeping the demand for tickets high and it bodes well for the future. I just hope the league is able to build something sustainable for all teams.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yup. There’s that young basketball player (Clark?) who’s caught the interest of fans now too. I’m guess the women’s hockey is way more affordable than the NHL. Get to go to a good game and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
What are the ticket prices BTW?

Reactions: Summer Rose

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
were tickets free
They were not. Anywhere between $40-$100. Tickets were sold out fast and many of them went straight on resale for stupid prices.

Meh they'll be playing in front of 2k two years from now.
Like, everyone knows they won't be selling out the Bell Centre for every home game. Montreal will be playing at Place Bell in the playoffs, which is 10k or so. This size of arena is more appropriate than the Habs arena for sure.

And yes, the biggest challenge the league will face is maintaining the interest that this year has drawn. I think they can, they just need the opportunity to do it.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Incredible moment in Montreal today as 21 000+ seats have been sold for a women’s hockey game which sets a world record.

Montreal is the ultimate hockey town!!
Ticket prices?

Surely we realize the amount of sold seats doesn't matter on its own, unless they would have struggled to get those seats filled had they been free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad