Olympics: 2026 Team Sweden Defence

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Broberg has looked terrible recently - I truly dont understand the hype there. Simply because hes Swedish?

Hes been one of Sweden's worst players by far this tournament

Broberg looked great in the first game, and then got injured. He even missed one game because of it and was limping on the ice against the Russians.

Frozen Lake

Nov 20, 2020
He's injured, and even if he wasn't, it's one tournament. Don't make such a big deal over it.
Broberg looked great in the first game, and then got injured. He even missed one game because of it and was limping on the ice against the Russians.
Maybe thats why he has looked so bad. Thanks for the insight

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Guys, please read the OP:

It may turn out as you say, particularly if the older crop ages gracefully over the next 6 years, or the younger guys fail to meet their potential. But that is not the premise of this thread.

The problem is that "who are the best 6 from 2016-2020" is a different question from "who will be on the 2026 Team Sweden Defence?" Pick one question.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Congrats to Liljgren to go from demoted to ECHL couple of years ago to a first pairing olympian baby!!!
Is this supposed to mean anything? Was never "demoted". Dressed 1 game in the ECHL after a major injury for rehab in 2018. Is Muzzin an AHLer because he played 1 AHL game last year?

We need an age restriction on this site.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sticking with the question about the 2026 Olympic roster (I know its not what OP meant),
I could imagine something like this:

Dahlin - Soderstrom
Hedman - Edvinsson
Brodin - Karlsson
Sandin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad