Olympics: 2026 Roster predictions

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My Czech roster projection (it is obviously extremely tricky to project a 2026 roster in 2023):

Vaněček, Dostál, Vejmelka

Hronek, Zbořil, Jiříček, Gudas, Svozil, Král, Galvas, D. Špaček

Pastrňák, Hertl, Kulich, Nečas, Zacha, Kubalík, Vrána, Chytil, Rousek, Lauko, Kämpf, Faksa, Blümel, Smejkal
For 2026.. id include Spacek on D and probably Dvorak. We need a changing if the guard. Maybe Hrabal? Definitely Sale. Gudas may be done in 2026.

I'm obviously just speculating. Nice list!

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
For 2026.. id include Spacek on D and probably Dvorak. We need a changing if the guard. Maybe Hrabal? Definitely Sale. Gudas may be done in 2026.

I'm obviously just speculating. Nice list!

Špaček is included. :))

Dvořák and Šalé: I assume more experienced players are better suitable for a very short tournament where teams have 1-2 practice slots before the first game. Youngsters would be OK if there was kind of a camp where they could be introduced into the system. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: Czechboy

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
NHL will piss over the hockey again. Finland

1st line
Kärpät

Ohtamaa A. (A)
Zürich Lions

Lehtonen M.

Servette

Hartikainen T.

Manninen S. (A)

Lugano

Granlund Mar.

2nd line

Tappara

Kemiläinen V.
Langnau Tigers

Riikola J.
Tappara

Merelä W.

Lausanne

Suomela A.

Biel-Bienne

Rajala T.

3rd line

Ässät

Matinpalo N.
Kärpät

Koivisto M.
Pesonen
Leksand

Ruohomaa M.
Biel-Bienne

Sallinen J.
4th line

Pokka V.

Lindbohm P.
Kärpät

Anttila M. (C)

Zürich Lions

Lammikko J.
Oskarshamn

Oksanen A

Excited to win b2b olympic gold :(

KimiPalo7

Yep, that's the USA made of local teams' logos
Jan 21, 2023
Forsling and Rasmus Andersson instead of Klingberg and Erik Gustafsson
That's actually a fair statement. Both will only be 29 years old in '26 so they have a realistic shot at top 6 minutes. Again, I'm not calling myself an expert, just making predictions and having fun while doing it.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Assuming NHL players will be allowed to participate(which I find increasingly unlikely) I’m guessing Söderblom, Berggren, Lundkvist, Öhgren, one of Lekkerimäki and Östlund will be there aswell.

Last edited:

KimiPalo7

Yep, that's the USA made of local teams' logos
Jan 21, 2023
Basically the same post only these are just the full rosters in alphabetic order, I also put the player's age at the start of the '26 olympics next to them. (Assuming every team will follow the format of 25 players (3 goalies, 8 d-men & 14 forwards))
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.07.23.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.07.28.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.07.33.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.07.37.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.07.40.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-12 om 23.36.04.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-12 om 23.35.59.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-12 om 23.35.48.png
Schermafbeelding 2023-05-11 om 00.08.00.png

Last edited:

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Assuming NHL players will be allowed to participate(which I find increasingly unlikely) I’m guessing Söderblom, Berggren, Lundkvist, Öhgren, one of Lekkerimäki and Östlund will be there aswell.

What exactly are the news which make the NHL participation "increasingly unlikely"?

It is included in the NHL-NHLPA CBA, which literally is a legal document.
The IIHF-NHL-IOC talks are ongoing.
Why this pessimism?

Reactions: LucaBrasil

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
What exactly are the news which make the NHL participation "increasingly unlikely"?

It is included in the NHL-NHLPA CBA, which literally is a legal document.
The IIHF-NHL-IOC talks are ongoing.
Why this pessimism?
The NHL does not want their players to participate in competitions not organized by them. Watch them pull out another soulless world cup attempt in 25’ and then find some loophole in the eleventh hour to pull participation just like they did last year.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The NHL does not want their players to participate in competitions not organized by them. Watch them pull out another soulless world cup attempt in 25’ and then find some loophole in the eleventh hour to pull participation just like they did last year.
Ok, so no actual argument, thanks...

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
They have no reason not to screw the players and the federations over when they have the kind of monopoly they have.

There literally is a legal agreement about it. 2022 was cancelled due to the pandemic. Both NHL and IIHF stated earlier this year they are closing on the deal for 2026. Sorry, but I really prefer facts and evidence over impressions and speculation. Of course they might not reach the deal due to financial issues, insurance issues, schedule issues etc. But as by now, it is looking quite optimistic.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
There literally is a legal agreement about it. 2022 was cancelled due to the pandemic. Both NHL and IIHF stated earlier this year they are closing on the deal for 2026. Sorry, but I really prefer facts and evidence over impressions and speculation. Of course they might not reach the deal due to financial issues, insurance issues, schedule issues etc. But as by now, it is looking quite optimistic.
I’ll believe it when I see the NHL-players arrive in Milan. I think you’re being naive. With that said I fully accept if you think I’m being a bitter pessimist :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I’ll believe it when I see the NHL-players arrive in Milan. I think you’re being naive. With that said I fully accept if you think I’m being a bitter pessimist :)
Sorry man, but "you are being naive" is the most laughably stupid argument You could ever use in any kind of discussion. Bye.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Sorry man, but "you are being naive" is the most laughably stupid argument You could ever use in any kind of discussion. Bye.
I think the NHL regardless of any ”legally binding” document will find a way to weasel out of this, and you don’t, that’s fine.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, that's OK. But the "you are being naive" argument is kind of ...
First of I said, I think you’re being naive so that I wouldn’t offend. But let me rephrase it: I think its naive to assume that the NHL will sign a legally bindning document allowing their players to participate in a tournament midseason that is out of their control, without there being a way out.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Without wanting to decide this dispute.. According to the "organized" best-on-best tournaments in recent years, I would not really dare to say that the NHL is doing everything to make such a tournament really organized. We can hope that even they realize how embarrassing they are, but I certainly don't see any certainty...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Without wanting to decide this dispute.. According to the "organized" best-on-best tournaments in recent years, I would not really dare to say that the NHL is doing everything to make such a tournament really organized. We can hope that even they realize how embarrassing they are, but I certainly don't see any certainty...
I always laughed that 'covid' was the reason that it was cancelled.lol Don't forget the 4 week quarantine in China if anyone gets it.

1. The hockey tournmanet happened with professional hockey players from all over Europe. Are they more immune to Covid than the ones in the NHL? Not sure why Smejkal can go but not Pastrnak?

2. Not one person sat in a quarantine for 4 weeks in China after the Olympics

It was all bullshit.. NHL lost games to covid which cost them money and they wanted to make that up by having more games.

2018 they cancelled becasue they don't like it.

It's an NHL issue to my eyes. Can't wait to see what bullshit they come up with for 2026! My guess is killer bees in the Italian Alps.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
2022 was cancelled due to COVID. There was a new mutation, nobody knew what was going to happen, especially in China. The quarantine rules were strict everywhere back then. NHL itself had many players quarantined and games postponed. There is no need for alternative explanation.

Of course the NHL bosses will never like the players going to the Olympics. But there is also the NHLPA, collective bargaining issues. It is always about negotiation between all sides involved, with uncertain results of course.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
God I pray we get this. McDavid will be 29 by the time. Sad really. Anyways, here is my TC prediction as of now.....

MacKinnon - McDavid - Marner - Triple M line
Stamkos - Crosby - Bedard - pair the young sniper with two vets feeding him and creating space
Fantilli - Point - Kyrou - Speed kills. Young Fantilli will be on the radar at the last minute after taking off in hi D+3 year
Cozens - Horvat - Thomas - Solid two way play
Suzuki

Morrissey - Makar - Double M
Power - Pietro - Douple P
Doughty - Dobson - Double D :naughty:
Hamilton

Pick your own tendies....we are a mess in net

Reactions: BigBadBoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad