WJC: 2025 Team USA Roster Talk

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I wonder how big the chance is that he will be in the NHL next season. It wouldn't be the first time that happens to us.

Steve Miller really loves this tournament.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'd be surprised if Carle isn't a candidate for multiple NHL coaching vacancies. We've lost a head coach for this tournament before with our good buddy David Quinn.

I just hope that when Carle jumps to the NHL, it's not to a spot where he's guaranteed to fail. Like the Sharks job would probably be really enticing 2 years from now, but any coach who takes it now probably doesn't survive to see the fruits of their labor once all their young talent starts to peak.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I'd be surprised if Carle isn't a candidate for multiple NHL coaching vacancies. We've lost a head coach for this tournament before with our good buddy David Quinn.

I just hope that when Carle jumps to the NHL, it's not to a spot where he's guaranteed to fail. Like the Sharks job would probably be really enticing 2 years from now, but any coach who takes it now probably doesn't survive to see the fruits of their labor once all their young talent starts to peak.

I agree. Stay away from the Sharks. It could be a good step for him to be an assistant coach in the NHL next.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Smith does return that's gonna give us some pretty strong C depth again

Smith
Hagens
Moore
Nelson
Connelly
Terrance
Bednarik

Crazy how much our center depth has improved in these tournaments in the last 10 years.

Hard to believe we won't be favorites again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad