Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Stenberg - Edstrom - Sörum
Wahlberg - Dower Nilsson - Ihs Wozniak
Eklund - Eriksson - Frondell
Forsfjäll - Zether - Nordh

Ekberg/Felix Nilsson/Wersäll/Vuollet/Zetterberg/Fernström/Nordlund/Pettersson/Berglund

Lindstein - Pellikka
Fransén - Willander
Sahlin Wallenius - Eliasson
Kostadinski/Hurtig/Landén

Thelin
Glifford
Erliden

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
u dont think Zetterberg and Wallenius should make it?
Sure I do. But I have a hard time seing this team being a contender. Look at the amount of 05 born players on the current roster. You need a fair amount of help from underagers aswell. Something I have a hard time seing Sweden get here.

Filip Ekberg? Possible or no? Had a hattrick this spring but haven’t heard anything since.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sure I do. But I have a hard time seing this team being a contender. Look at the amount of 05 born players on the current roster. You need a fair amount of help from underagers aswell. Something I have a hard time seing Sweden get here.

Filip Ekberg? Possible or no? Had a hattrick this spring but haven’t heard anything since.
The help can come from 07 borns instead in Ekberg, Frondell and Ihs Wozniak

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Will Edstrom be in North America next year? He’s signed with Vegas. He might be in the AHL.

Ebbert

Dec 15, 2018
Will Edstrom be in North America next year? He’s signed with Vegas. He might be in the AHL.
Can still play.

Stenberg - Edstr0m - Sörum
Wahlberg - Dower Nilsson - Nordh
Felix Nilsson - Zether - Frondell
Vuollet - Forsfjäll - Ihs Wozniak
Zetterberg

Lindstein - Pellikka
Fransén - Willander
Sahlin Wallenius - Landén
Sascha Boumedienne

Thelin
Glifford
Erliden
Alfons Freij ?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

You don't. Need for help from underagers only comes when your oldest birth year is not good enough. 05 is a deep group.

Stenberg - Edstr0m - Sörum
Wahlberg - Dower Nilsson - Nordh
Felix Nilsson - Zether - Frondell
Vuollet - Forsfjäll - Ihs Wozniak
Zetterberg

Lindstein - Pellikka
Fransén - Willander
Sahlin Wallenius - Landén
Sascha Boumedienne

Thelin
Glifford
Erliden
Wikman for Boumedienne
Traff for Vuollet
Berglund for Zetterberg

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I forgot its on small rinks in NA. Probaly means Hävelid will pick a couple more bigger and physical players.

Out; Sahlin Wallenius, Frondell, Ihs Wozniak, Zetterberg

IN; Axel Hurtig, Jack Berglund, Linus Eriksson, Herman Träff, maybe Kristian Kostadinski, Vilmer Alriksson

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Honestly, I think it will be almost impossible to leave out Frondell next year. Ihs Wozniak and Ekberg too aswell

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
While less skilled than this years team, I actually think the 2025 team could be a good sleeper. Not only do I think the 05s u18 performance gets kind of overshadowed because they threw the final, but it's a group that competes hard. It's way to hard to say how we will do at goalie at this point, but aside from that, the position that makes me worry a bit is center. Edstrom won't replace Östlund, and it's pretty thin behind him. I don't see Forsfjäll as a higher end center right now. Has anyone watched a good enough amount of Nilsson or Zether this year? One of them taking a step would make a massive difference. D is going to be solid, and wingers is not a big concern. Obviously not a favourite, but might be underated, especially since the 06s won't bring any high picks(or maybe even first rounders) to the table. Also, ignoring issues, I don't think we will lose any of the eligible players.

I would honestly prefer a roster of only 05's and 06's. Atleast right now, though lots can change.
Would go even farther and say pretty much only 05s, with a very small amount of 06s that hopefully proves themselves throughout the year. The 05s present in this years team added major value to the team, should be the same for the 06/07s that gets a shot next year. If it comes down to "bottom6" players, I rather have players with more pro/physical experience as well, instead of players that get bullied or surprised by the intensity.

It's way to early to give any of the 07s serious consideration. Frondell is the one exception. We'll see how the u18s lineup look, who performs well, and who takes the next step after the summer. But the other guys people usually mentioned either have to many warts or won't have the upside at this level, as it standz right now.

Opinions on Lucas Pettersson in Modo?
Probably my current number 1 amongst the 06 forwards, edging out Eriksson. But even those guys will have to grow in my opinon. Zetterberg is as always the most skilled, but he is close to being a literal midget.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
While less skilled than this years team, I actually think the 2025 team could be a good sleeper. Not only do I think the 05s u18 performance gets kind of overshadowed because they threw the final, but it's a group that competes hard. It's way to hard to say how we will do at goalie at this point, but aside from that, the position that makes me worry a bit is center. Edstrom won't replace Östlund, and it's pretty thin behind him. I don't see Forsfjäll as a higher end center right now. Has anyone watched a good enough amount of Nilsson or Zether this year? One of them taking a step would make a massive difference. D is going to be solid, and wingers is not a big concern. Obviously not a favourite, but might be underated, especially since the 06s won't bring any high picks(or maybe even first rounders) to the table. Also, ignoring issues, I don't think we will lose any of the eligible players.

Would go even farther and say pretty much only 05s, with a very small amount of 06s that hopefully proves themselves throughout the year. The 05s present in this years team added major value to the team, should be the same for the 06/07s that gets a shot next year. If it comes down to "bottom6" players, I rather have players with more pro/physical experience as well, instead of players that get bullied or surprised by the intensity.

It's way to early to give any of the 07s serious consideration. Frondell is the one exception. We'll see how the u18s lineup look, who performs well, and who takes the next step after the summer. But the other guys people usually mentioned either have to many warts or won't have the upside at this level, as it standz right now.

Probably my current number 1 amongst the 06 forwards, edging out Eriksson. But even those guys will have to grow in my opinon. Zetterberg is as always the most skilled, but he is close to being a literal midget.
We’ll have to see the 05’s are pretty good I’m pretty sure the D will be up to par. Stenberg - Edstrom - Unger Sörum will be a Nice first line to lean back on. My main concern is the lack of good 06’s there is probably not gonna be a third line like in this tournament.

Its almost more likely that we’ll see a couple of 07’s in the squad than 06’s which is just insane.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Stenberg - Edstrom - Unger Sörum
Wahlberg - Frondell - Nilsson
Dower Nilsson - Forsfjäll - Nordh
Alriksson - Zether - Pettersson
Ekberg as extra

Lindstein - Willander
Sahlin Wallenius - Sandin Pellikka
Wikman - Landén
Freij

Thelin

Agree that the center situation is weak, but thats why i choose Frondell. Will be better than most forwards in this team when the tourney comes, im sure.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
My lineup for the upcoming 5-Nations in Switzerland next month:

Noel Nordh - Noah Dower Nilsson - Felix Nilsson
Hugo Pettersson - Simon Zether - Oskar Vuollet
Herman Träff - Gustaf Kangas - Joel Svensson
Melvin Wersäll - Svante Sjödin - Elliot Sthålberg
Wille Johansson

Axel Landén - Arvid Bergström
Albert Wikman - Edvin Nilsson
Noel Franzén - Axel Hurtig
Kristian Kostadinski

Noah Erliden
Marcus Gidlöf

Excluded all 05's on the recent WJC-roster.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Linus Eriksson, Victor Eklund and Anton Frondell is already looking good in Allsvenskan, come December they will have taken steps, i think all 3 is making it.

And Wikegård, who is the new GM, is good news, he is gonna teach them GRIT. They already have it, but Wikegård is gonna insert even more grit in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad