GDT: 2024 World Junior Championship (Dec 26 - Jan 5) | Gothenburg, Sweden

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Are any of our international prospects playing for their countries?
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think so.

Alexander Suzdalev and Ludwig Persson both made mind-boggling team decisions and were cut by Sweden. Andrew Cristall didn't make the Team Canada camp roster.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Leonard and Chesley playing a pre-tournament game against Sweden.

Leonard is a big dude, thicker and stronger than a lot of his bench buddies, game is getting chippy after a Swede just got taken out of the game on a big hit and Leonard playing tough in front and getting guys to bounce off him

Reactions: um

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think so.

Alexander Suzdalev and Ludwig Persson both made mind-boggling team decisions and were cut by Sweden. Andrew Cristall didn't make the Team Canada camp roster.
What is the deal with Persson? First I heard of him was when I saw him among the caps prospects scoring leaders.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
How can I watch in the US with YouTube TV and ESPN+. I assume since I don’t have nhl network, I’ll be out of luck

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What is the deal with Persson? First I heard of him was when I saw him among the caps prospects scoring leaders.
He went to play in the Finnish 2nd highest division... which is just a really bad league these days.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Chesley over Hutson was a big whiff.
Why do you say that? Huston was picked 24 spots later and there were half a dozen D picked after Chelsey and before Hutson. If we blew it, so did 75% of the league.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Dominik Rymon with the 1st goal of the tournament. 1-0 CZE after 1st.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Damn that kid is so good…
Which kid, for those of us not watching

leonard being super wasteful after getting dimed by smith, kid will be in for a shock when he’s no longer playing with a freakishly talented center and winger
Meh. And they aren’t playing w him either.

Seems you are labeling the Caps prospect as the weakest/beneficiary of the group he’s amongst. That’s quite a leap to make, when they all are freshmen in college.

To each our own

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Didn't get to watch this one, but from the pre-tournament stuff I saw Chesley makes some really good one on one plays but seems overall like a mixed fit for the large ice. He's making what I'd call the right plays on the smaller ice, but it can take him a bit out of position and he's not an explosively agile skater.

My hope for him is still in the McDonagh-lite realm but the style of their game isn't awesome for the big surface as a bit more of a smothering North-South guy who wants to put you on the boards, which is okay until the day the NHL adopts it anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad