WNBA 2024 WNBA Season Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The WNBA had their draft last night, and I got us (me) a WNBA thread prefix, so we (I) am going to use it. Obviously Caitlin Clark went 1OV to the Indiana Fever, who overnight become the marquee team in the league. 36 of their 40 games will be nationally televised.

Season starts May 14.

Increased interest has also fueled expansion talk. Golden State is entering the league next year, and there's been no shortage of interested markets. It's the one league that's really underserved given their talent level.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Sep 19, 2008
noticed yesterday, they get going fast. just a few weeks now then wnba

be curious to see how she does in the big stage

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
noticed yesterday, they get going fast. just a few weeks now then wnba

be curious to see how she does in the big stage
My guess is all that stuff she does, there’s a decent possibility she just wears out. It’s another 40-game season with no offseason and much tougher competition. And I’d guess there’s a good chance she goes to the Olympics too just because they’ll want her there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If they are, they will soon find that they shouldn’t care.
They should play hard against her to win. That's expected, but they should look at the economics of the WNBA and realize they need to capitalize on Clark to grow the game. She'll get a lo of attention, which for their league, could draw more eyeballs to their games and thus increase revenue.

She was on with McAfee and hinted that she could do a weekly segment with him since they will both be based in Indy. Great exposure for their league if that occurs. PK Subban goes on Pat's show, but that isn't the same as if Sid or McDavid or Bedard did the show.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad