2024 WHL Draft (Lottery Mar. 27, 2024)

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
2024 whl draft.png

This year, the first overall pick, and potentially the option to draft DuPont, goes to the Everett Silvertips, by way of Kamloops as a result of a blockbuster trade for Olen Zellweger.

Some of the top prospects for the 2024 WHL draft are Landon DuPont (RD), Eli McKamey (RC), and Brock Cripps (RD).

Last year, Prince Albert drafted Daxon Rudolph (RD) 1OA, after Mathis Preston (RC) told them he would not play for them. It's important to keep in mind that players have a say in where they get drafted, to some degree.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Does anyone know who the top prospects are.
Personally, I think the top 5 are pretty likely to be Landon DuPont, Eli McKamey, Brock Cripps, Ossie McIntyre, and Aden Bouchard. Other notable players are Tyden Lafournaise, Prabh Bhathal, Shaun Hildebrandt, Mirco Dufour, Jacob Schwartz, Blake Chorney, Ben Harvey, and Brock England.

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Too bad there no sites left that would show a list of the top prospects.

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know who the top prospects are.
Personally, I think the top 5 are pretty likely to be Landon DuPont, Eli McKamey, Brock Cripps, Ossie McIntyre, and Aden Bouchard. Other notable players are Tyden Lafournaise, Prabh Bhathal, Shaun Hildebrandt, Mirco Dufour, Jacob Schwartz, Blake Chorney, Ben Harvey, and Brock England.
To add to macbowes list, Drayden Uhrina out of WPG will likely draw some considerable interest.

Reactions: Mbhockeyeyes

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
View attachment 842405

This year, the first overall pick, and potentially the option to draft DuPont, goes to the Everett Silvertips, by way of Kamloops as a result of a blockbuster trade for Olen Zellweger.

Some of the top prospects for the 2024 WHL draft are Landon DuPont (RD), Eli McKamey (RC), and Brock Cripps (RD).

Last year, Prince Albert drafted Daxon Rudolph (RD) 1OA, after Mathis Preston (RC) told them he would not play for them. It's important to keep in mind that players have a say in where they get drafted, to some degree.
Would be interesting to see a list of players who refused to play for drafted teams. One example I can think of, or at least I remember hearing is that Geekie informed PG that he wouldn't play there. Also, when I was on the East Coast, Halifax had a heck of a time getting Drouin to report. Both these cases seem to be family-related - in the sense that the player would be a considerable distance away from family. PA and PG also have other circumstances likely working against them.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Would be interesting to see a list of players who refused to play for drafted teams. One example I can think of, or at least I remember hearing is that Geekie informed PG that he wouldn't play there. Also, when I was on the East Coast, Halifax had a heck of a time getting Drouin to report. Both these cases seem to be family-related - in the sense that the player would be a considerable distance away from family. PA and PG also have other circumstances likely working against them.
Happens every year. At some point teams just accept the risk and draft them anyway. I had heard Cayden Lindstrom told many teams he wouldn't report. Medicine Hat grabbed him in the 3rd round and he signed. Not sure if Med Hat was on his initial list or not.

Jonah Tonhauser was considered one of, if not the top goalie for the 2022 draft. His parents told teams farther East than Calgary that he wouldn't sign. He drops to round 3 and Moose Jaw says screw it and takes him, then he signs at camp.

Rico77

Mar 30, 2024
Small markets getting commitments is always difficult. Sounds like up to 5 players told PA they wouldn’t report even at 1st overall last season. Potentially same thing this year with Eli Mckamey, but hopefully he’ll commit to them.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Small markets getting commitments is always difficult. Sounds like up to 5 players told PA they wouldn’t report even at 1st overall last season. Potentially same thing this year with Eli Mckamey, but hopefully he’ll commit to them.
I disagree. I hope he tells PA he won't commit and he comes to Tri-City instead. Ams have absolutely horrendous luck in the draft lottery. They could at least have something go their way for once.

Rico77

Mar 30, 2024
Fair enough, of course fans from each teams would want the best prospects to commit. My argument is PA’s good luck in the lottery means nothing when they are forced to take the 15th best prospect 2nd over. Eli in all likely hood is going to tri city or Kelowna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad