OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Always amazed at people’s inability to just do nothing.

Thinking of driving drunk at 115mph? Don’t do that.

Thinking of punching a photographer in public? Nope, bad.

Thinking of assaulting 50-60 different women after getting a massage? Stop! Get some help.

Thinking of tweeting racial or homophobic slurs? I am once again asking you to not push Tweet on that Tweet.

To all pro athletes/famous people, for a measly six figure annual retainer, I can tell you, “nope, that’s dumb” if you’re thinking about doing something questionable. It may seem like a lot upfront but really it’s a drop in the bucket compared to what you could earn if you didn’t do dumb shit.
For a six figure retainer i’d lock rice in his house every offseason, chill on the front porch, and tweet nothing but quotes from my favorite movies on his account every day. He’d thank me later

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Let's play a fun game: F*ck Face-era GM MadLibs.

"Hey, Veach -- yeah, it's _____________ with the Commies."
Options:
RR and the Martys
Vinny Sir Asshole
Scott McCloughan
Bruce Allen

"Listen, we hear Rashee's got a bit of a situation. We were wondering if you might be willing to sell? What's that? Yeah, we figured you might release him, but, look, we don't want to take the chance of not getting him on the open market. Right. So we were thinking of something along the lines of __________________."
Options:
Pick swap -- our '25 2nd and 3rd for KC's 3rd and 4th
A 3rd plus a conditional 1st if he gets a sentence of less than 15 months
Jon Allen
Two 7ths and a handle of Beam

For a six figure retainer i’d lock rice in his house every offseason, chill on the front porch, and tweet nothing but quotes from my favorite movies on his account every day. He’d thank me later
He's probably got a pool, a pond. Pond'd be good for you.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Good watch thanks. JD has a shy confidence about him. Was able to name Washington weapons when Key couldn’t. KJ is very funny/engaging.

SO…..does hey pay Way for the #5??! Or does he wait him out lol?

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Watched that earlier and planned to post it so thank you for doing so. Was cool to seem somewhat a more organic discussion. When KJ said if he found a wallet on the street he would pick it up and take the money and drop it down was pretty hilarious.

Also seems like JD and his management are not jumping at the first sponsors that flash some cash which to me seems like someone being reasonable.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

So, this is pretty cool. Jayden is definitely all about that football.

To be clear, Taylor Kelly is not part of the Commanders staff, he's JDs own dude. JD is putting in the work already. I doubt we'll find him having stripper parties the night before games, like Haskins did.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Is this source reputable?

Counterpoint:

Did not watch the Keyshawn vid earlier, fwiw.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Is this source reputable?

Counterpoint:

Did not watch the Keyshawn vid earlier, fwiw.
Man lots of clickbait here.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Man lots of clickbait here.
Is it though? I’m not saying they should get anything more than a don’t do it again slap on the wrist but if you have a no gambling on the league policy that specifically prohibits ‘private wagers between teammates, family and friends, or others’ you can’t do nothing.

I completely get the spirit vs letter thing here but you have these rules for a reason and ignoring it in this case increases the risk of something more substantial occurring in the future. IMO, of course.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is it though? I’m not saying they should get anything more than a don’t do it again slap on the wrist but if you have a no gambling on the league policy that specifically prohibits ‘private wagers between teammates, family and friends, or others’ you can’t do nothing.

I completely get the spirit vs letter thing here but you have these rules for a reason and ignoring it in this case increases the risk of something more substantial occurring in the future. IMO, of course.
Yeah it is….a whole lot of nothing….they don’t even get officially briefed on the NFL gambling rules until rookie camp starts (yesterday)….

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad