OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Right tackle David Nwaogwugwu signed with the Washington Commanders. He started all 14 games last season for an offensive line that ranked fourth in the nation, allowing fewer than one sack per game. UT led the MAC in scoring (32.2 points), total offense (419.2 yards), and passing efficiency (147.82), and it ranked eighth nationally in rushing (198.6 yards).

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Good/great athletes, big production, captains and leaders... maybe the analytics crew and the scouting staff melded minds and found the formula? We could only be so lucky.

I love day after draft grades, they're so meaningful. /S But if someone is going to grade us, I'm glad they like what they saw.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Current UDFA list.

UDFA SIGNINGS
Confirmed

Sam Hartman QB Notre Dame
Austin Jones RB USC
AJ Woods CB Pitt
Norell Pollard DT Virginia Tech
Tyler Owens DB Texas Tech
Chigozie Anusiem DB Colorado State
Ben Nikkel S Iowa State
Michael Wiley RB Arizona
Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR Georgia
David Nwaogwugwu OL Toledo

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Washington Commanders: A-

Of the Day 3 fliers, I give linebacker Jordan Magee (139) the best chance to make the team because of his speed and size.

I really like this class overall, and whether it goes from great to amazing could hinge on Coleman becoming a starter. If he does and Daniels is a star, this could set the foundation for the Commanders returning to the playoffs -- in a couple of years.

Sep 19, 2008
interesting tidbit from the keim podcast that they don't want to put too much pressure on Daniels early so he wasn't at the draft day party Saturday.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Just a reminder about putting much stock in various analytics until real pro performance can be measured.

Reactions: usiel

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Dude had one year under a lame duck coach with JDR as the DC, though.

Judge more after this year, imo.
totally agree. He had shitty coaching and bad schemes. Even Darrell Green said so much last year and he is not one to bark. Something like i could coach him up better. Totally out of character for him to say something like that.

I suspect he’ll be much better this year.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
This Forbes talk just reminds me how bad Ron was picking Davis and Forbes were pretty high picks. None of them seem to have much of a chance at a 2nd contract or 5th year extension and will be labeled a bust.

It still boogles my mind what he saw in those 2.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This Forbes talk just reminds me how bad Ron was picking Davis and Forbes were pretty high picks. None of them seem to have much of a chance at a 2nd contract or 5th year extension and will be labeled a bust.

I want to see what the current staff can do with Forbes before considering him a bust.

Reactions: ynotcaps and TCB

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Athletic ballhawks are traps. If they translate then holy shit, but there's basically zero middle ground between boom and huge bust. And Forbes' usage was idiotic. Like they wanted him to fail.

May favorite picks outside of the 1st are Coleman and Sainristil. Coleman was a wall, and Sainristil is the kind of DB I go stupid for. The brainy nerd who organizes the defense, understands what's going on, gets everyone to understand what the offense is doing. Those are guys who when they hit and stick, provide value far above their production. They could have a game with a blank stat sheet but the whole defense is better for having them anyway.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I don't know about Forbes but Davis I can guess...

1714338262331.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad