OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Mentally preparing myself to be disappointed when they pass on Drake Maye. I’ll obviously root for JD and will most happily eat crow but between his playing style, reports saying he has preferred teams and Washington isn’t one of them, his agent publicly bitching about the Top Golf thing, his injury history, etc, there are too many red flags for me to be pumped about the pick. I’d rather them trade down and take JJ than take JD. I get queasy just thinking about taking another frail, oft-injured, mobile QB at 2OA.
My gut says it’s not JD. Could be diarrhea. But I don’t think that clever analytics guys go through the process with all the nonsense and not take best long term answer.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Concussion, ankle injuries, elbow. We just saw a bigger, better Jayden Daniels get knocked out for the season last year in Anthony Richardson and people are pumped to draft a guy that plays a similar game?
He missed 15 minutes, over 5 years and 55 starts. He's demonstrated durability. The only time he left a game was Alabama, after a late hit to the head in the pocket. He's not RGIII, he's not Richardson, every player is different. He'll definitely need to take care of himself and slide, get out of bounds, but he simply hasn't been injury prone in 5 years of starting including 2 in the SEC.

I get the injury concern, but he hasn't been injury prone, at all, so far.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Google tells me we will be picking Jayden Daniels btw 8:25 and 8:35 tonight

Im excited

Dream start. This new ownership group coming in w cap space, no. 2 draft pick in a QB top heavy class, 6 picks in the top 100 in a very deep draft which they say drops off at the 4th round.

Im def buying Madden 24

Reactions: John Price

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Im excited

Dream start. This new ownership group coming in w cap space, no. 2 draft pick in a QB top heavy class, 6 picks in the top 100 in a very deep draft which they say drops off at the 4th round.

Im def buying Madden 24
In all my mocks, I've been picking the QB, then a tackle, TE and two WRs. Jump start this offense for KK. Can't wait to see how wrong I'll be when they actually pick. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
In all my mocks, I've been picking the QB, then a tackle, TE and two WRs. Jump start this offense due KK. Can't wait to see how wrong I'll be when they actually pick. 😂
That TE from Texas seems like the only worthy 2nd round pick .. if we dont get him in the 2nd, if they dont have a sleeper stud in mind .. then I hope they dont force a pick bc on paper this seems to be a poor TE draft outside of Bowers

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That TE from Texas seems like the only worthy 2nd round pick .. if we dont get him in the 2nd, if they dont have a sleeper stud in mind .. then I hope they dont force a pick bc on paper this seems to be a poor TE draft outside of Bowers

Ben Sinnott and Theo Johnson look like 3rd/4th round picks respectively that could be sleeper studs. Sinnott especially is a great blocker and terrific RAC dude, great athlete. If he was an inch or two taller he'd be a first rounder. only 6'3''. Theo is a physical freak with modest production so he's not a day 1/2 pick, but he looks like he could explode in the NFL with full usage.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Im excited

Im def buying Madden 24
Ugh, I'm going to be in a locker room at an ice rink getting dressed for a game when they make the pick.

What's the best place to track this on my phone? NFL.com or something else?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Very cool video, and I’m glad these dudes aren’t wearing a 28 Commanders jersey. I only remember Green when I was super young with Champ Bailey. Dude was a dog

Well deserved here.

He missed 15 minutes, over 5 years and 55 starts. He's demonstrated durability. The only time he left a game was Alabama, after a late hit to the head in the pocket. He's not RGIII, he's not Richardson, every player is different. He'll definitely need to take care of himself and slide, get out of bounds, but he simply hasn't been injury prone in 5 years of starting including 2 in the SEC.

I get the injury concern, but he hasn't been injury prone, at all, so far.
That Alabama hit that knocked JD out of that game was an egregious intentional head shot.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
But I don’t think that clever analytics guys go through the process with all the nonsense and not take best long term answer.
Yeah I want to trust the guy also but in back of my mind there is the nagging reminder that this guy was part of the decision making team involved in the Trey Lance fiasco…

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Very cool video, and I’m glad these dudes aren’t wearing a 28 Commanders jersey. I only remember Green when I was super young with Champ Bailey. Dude was a dog

I was lucky (old) enough to remember when he was drafted, 5'8'' tall, his rookie season, chasing down Dorsett, chasing down Dickerson, pulling a muscle while returning a punt for a TD in the playoffs vs the mighty Bears, defending a pass on 4th and goal in the NFC Championship game vs the Vikings. so many of his great plays. But what a privilege it was to root for a guy who just did everything the right way, all the time, and dominated dudes for 20 years.

Hail to the Redskins and Hail to Darrell Green, one of my all time favorite athletes, ever! Cal Ripken, Ovi, Darrell, my Mt Rushmore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad