OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yeah, I'm with you that it definitely feels like JD, but I don't know how shocking it'd be if it went another way. EVERYONE was a million percent sure about Mac Jones, no one saw the Trey Lance trade coming. So it's happened before, and not very long ago.

It's very dramatic. The saving grace is that it'll be over for us early. The sneaky benefit of an early pick, lol.
You've obviously forgotten about our dramatic trade back into the early-to-mid first round to get our OT!

Reactions: Jags

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Gotta remember until the regular NFL seasons is over the coaches are not involved so once they are out is when they become part of the overall process. Its not just scouts and the GM that are the only inputs into making a pick. So thinking that things should be locked in evaluation wise that early doesn't make all that sense to me at least.

This. Plus, the offseason begins with the free agency period, so coaches and FO's focus on that early in the offseason. DQ and AP have said around late Feb that they really hadn't focused much on the draft yet, but they were about to dig deep into it. The Sr Bowl was Feb 3, the combine and its interviews was Feb 29-Mar 3. All these things are why rankings change a lot in March and April.

I remember being really excited about Quinyon Mitchell in late January as a perfect pick for one of our 2nd rounders, then the rest of the world started paying attention to him and now he's universally a mid 1st round pick, out of our range.

You've obviously forgotten about our dramatic trade back into the early-to-mid first round to get our OT!

Like this? AZ traded me their 4,27,35 for 2 and I traded 27,36 to Jax for their 17 and snagged Fuaga, then I smoked a cigarette and fell into a nice dream.

PFN_Draft_result_1713935285430.png

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Is it too much to request he always wears his shoulder pads?

We'd better start being positive about this, cuz it's looking like he's the guy. So let's try this: Maybe a guy with no shoulders is less susceptible to shoulder injuries? Those can be devastating to QBs. And after that Kevin Hart video, we also know he's got no pecs, so he can't hurt those either. Another plus.

And lookit that big head. TONS of room in there to learn how to protect himself, and he genuinely seems like a humble kid, so it's safe to say he knows what he needs to work on.

And in the meantime, we can use AI to replace these concerning images with ones that make him more prototypical in our minds...

lfF95Hc.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RandyHolt

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This. Plus, the offseason begins with the free agency period, so coaches and FO's focus on that early in the offseason. DQ and AP have said around late Feb that they really hadn't focused much on the draft yet, but they were about to dig deep into it. The Sr Bowl was Feb 3, the combine and its interviews was Feb 29-Mar 3. All these things are why rankings change a lot in March and April.

I remember being really excited about Quinyon Mitchell in late January as a perfect pick for one of our 2nd rounders, then the rest of the world started paying attention to him and now he's universally a mid 1st round pick, out of our range.

Like this? AZ traded me their 4,27,35 for 2 and I traded 27,36 to Jax for their 17 and snagged Fuaga, then I smoked a cigarette and fell into a nice dream.

View attachment 858857
Ignoring the QB pick choice since there are many different opinions the next 4 seemed great.

Reactions: kicksavedave

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Great interview. If we somehow end up drafting him, I'll be excited even though he's not my first choice. And great googley moogley, she's got quite a nice penthouse spread there, grand piano and all that. Meanwhile he's in a Lowes in Detroit :laugh:
How to get Ynot to click a link? Include, "she's got a nice penthouse spread there" in the post text.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I did want. But that’s a good Q. I want JJ. I think it will be JD
I want JJ as well. I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be Jayden, but JJ played in a pro style offense, comes up big in clutch situations, is the ultimate team guy and knows how to win. That's important. I get that Daniels brings that running and throwing, but this is a fifth year starter and his previous teammates in Arizona were all too happy to see him go.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
@Ridley Simon

From Washington Commanders 2024 NFL Draft: Pre-draft meetings/visit tracker - Hogs Haven last updated Updated Apr 24, 2024, 3:38pm EDT

Interesting…JJ was the only QB we had dinner with and a private workout with too.

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (NFL Combine meeting) (Team Pro Day meeting [Dinner]) (Private workout) (Top 30 visit)
Oh be still my beating heart —-

Should. Won't.
It’s all a smokescreen. Just go with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad