OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Where can one bet that we will not take the right QB?

Asking for a jaded long time fan.

IF JJ goes to the Giants and is the best of the bunch my head will explode. I want them tethered to the Daniel Jones Overpaid Experience for several more years.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Challenge:

Predict the top 5 picks (with trades) for bragging rights.

1. Bears - Caleb
2. Commanders - McCarthy
3. Patriots - Maye
4. Cardinals - MHJ
5. Vikings trade with Chargers - Daniels

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Chi Williams
Was Daniels
NE Maye
AZ MH2
LAC Nabers
(no trades in the top 5, everybody wants too much)

JJ goes in the 10-14 range to one of the QB needy teams.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
if Daniels actually wanted to be a Washington lifer and not some bandwagon merc who’ll be tweeting about other cities, then take him.

I still think it’s a mistake but if he’s not committed to DC it’s a total hard pass.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I made a draft parlay yesterday afternoon and took JD #2, MHJ 1st WR, Ault 1st OL, JJ top 10, Penix 1st round. I got it at +260. The odds have dropped down to +100
That's a nice parlay. I'm buying the Raiders as a spot for Penix at 13 -- the thing I'd be a little nervous about is MHJ. Sounds like weird signals around Nabers becoming the consensus preferred WR, but haven't heard anything specific about ARI's preference -- which is probably all that matters.

Sep 19, 2008
The FO is very very quiet so all this is speculation and hearsay. The pundits are saying JD, but it's possible the team disagrees in private and picks someone completely different.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The FO is very very quiet so all this is speculation and hearsay. The pundits are saying JD, but it's possible the team disagrees in private and picks someone completely different.

Sure, it's possible they go against what apparently is a universal consensus among NFL insiders, but it would be shocking. As long as they get it right in the end, I don't care if they go off consensus.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What's it say when Maye was consensus #2 at the end of the season and well into February?

That Daniels has a better PR team?? That Maye failed to impress in interviews?? Some dirt was dug up!

That the experts making the rankings.... actually suck and guess like we do?

Last edited:

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Sure, it's possible they go against what apparently is a universal consensus among NFL insiders, but it would be shocking. As long as they get it right in the end, I don't care if they go off consensus.

Yeah, I'm with you that it definitely feels like JD, but I don't know how shocking it'd be if it went another way. EVERYONE was a million percent sure about Mac Jones, no one saw the Trey Lance trade coming. So it's happened before, and not very long ago.

It's very dramatic. The saving grace is that it'll be over for us early. The sneaky benefit of an early pick, lol.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
What's it say when Maye was consensus #2 at the end of the season and well into February?

That Daniels has a better PR team?? That Maye failed to impress in interviews?? Some dirt was dug up!

Gotta remember until the regular NFL seasons is over the coaches are not involved so once they are out is when they become part of the overall process. Its not just scouts and the GM that are the only inputs into making a pick. So thinking that things should be locked in evaluation wise that early doesn't make all that sense to me at least.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

It says that during the season, they're watching all these guys week-to-week. After the season ends, they're able to go deep in the entirety of their respective seasons. McShay says as much in the vid.

No way -- absolutely no way -- that coaches, scouts, GMs are being spun by PR teams.

And I don't believe there's any likelihood that there's some dark Maye secret that the NFL community knows about but draft-obsessed football media doesn't. It's just the tape.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad