Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v2 | Thu, Apr 25 | @ KC | 2pm ET/11am PT | Berrios vs Ragans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Meanwhile:

WNTTAK.jpg

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How did they get the SC in the booth? Who finagled that deal? lol.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Man, I like Biggio more than most, and he's been off to a great start this year, but I think Biggio watching a two-strike middle-middle fastball go by might be the most frustrating thing about this team.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
Man, I like Biggio more than most, and he's been off to a great start this year, but I think Biggio watching a two-strike middle-middle fastball go by might be the most frustrating thing about this team.
I mean Judge did the same thing his first AB, I just don't know how you can't at least recognize it's going middle of the plate and not try to put a swing on it.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
No, Buck. Bassitt has not literally thrown the kitchen sink. Because kitchen sinks are heavy and I'm fairly sure also illegal for use during play of an MLB game. He has literally thrown a wide array of pitches and figuratively thrown the kitchen sink, but not in a literal sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Forgotusername

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I was thinking recently that Kirk's throws are always a bit off to the first base side of second, and then it occurred to me... that's the best place to throw the ball. It's a (very slightly) shorter throw than throwing it right to 2B, and it allows the fielder to tag the body rather than having to get to the hands. It just looks weird because we usually consider a perfect throw one that goes right to the base. I wonder how intentional it is.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If they were throwing literal kitchen sinks at Judge at least it would be a little bit more of a challenge to hit one over the RF wall at Yankee Stadium.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was thinking recently that Kirk's throws are always a bit off to the first base side of second, and then it occurred to me... that's the best place to throw the ball. It's a (very slightly) shorter throw than throwing it right to 2B, and it allows the fielder to tag the body rather than having to get to the hands. It just looks weird because we usually consider a perfect throw one that goes right to the base. I wonder how intentional it is.

Yeah, but also his fat, stubby arms can't make the throw to second. Too much cake. That's his problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad