Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v1 |Sun, Apr 7| @NYY | 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT | Francis vs Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Fire Atkins before he’s allowed to do any more damage to the roster.

Took one of the most promising teams in baseball and turned it into a middling Frankenstein of a mess.

Team had talented hitting players all over the place and he managed to squander all of it. The Moreno trade might end up being the worst in franchise history.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5 and LaP

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Fire Atkins before he’s allowed to do any more damage to the roster.

Took one of the most promising teams in baseball and turned it into a middling Frankenstein of a mess.

Team had talented hitting players all over the place and he managed to squander all of it. The Moreno trade might end up being the worst in franchise history.
Not even close. Moreno has a wrc of 52.

Hitting coaches are the problem. It seems since Mattingly has joined the organization the team’s hitters got worse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Hitting coaches are the problem. It seems since Mattingly has joined the organization the team’s hitters got worse.
Gurriel was also part of the trade and he’s raking (and would’ve helped last season with the bat too).

Also, it’s about opportunity cost. What else could he have traded Moreno for that wasn’t Daulton Varsho?

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He has only 145 games of experience though. But it doesn't matter what Moreno or even Gurriel do. Moreno was a good piece to trade with a more then decent value. Atkins failed to acquire a big bat which is what the Jays needed after trading Hernandez away. When trading a young prospect or a pick it's not about what the prospect or the pick becomes it's about the perceived value at the time of the trade and the immediate help you get in return for that value. It's a bad trade no matter how you look at it.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The thing is, a number of players are having below career years, Varsho included. This has continued since last year. There’s something wrong with the hitting philosophy and or coaching.

Bad trade but the Wells trade to the White Sox was far worse.

Reactions: LaP

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The thing is, a number of players are having below career years, Varsho included. This has continued since last year. There’s something wrong with the hitting philosophy and or coaching.

It’s a tapestry of failure and the man behind it all is somehow still the GM of this team.

It’s actually unbelievable that Atkins wasn’t fired after the disaster of last season and the fan/media discontent.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It’s a tapestry of failure and the man behind it all is somehow still the GM of this team.

It’s actually unbelievable that Atkins wasn’t fired after the disaster of last season and the fan/media discontent.
Before this off-season Atkinson did a good job. His free agent signings were great. He did well the most trades as well.

I was surprised they kept the same hitting coaches.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Y'all need to remember Atkins and Shap are attached at the hip. No way Atkins gets canned unless Jays are absolutely brutal or the owner puts pressure on Shap. President's in this city who run teams hardly get dismissed. Look at the leafs, MLS, and raptors.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Before this off-season Atkinson did a good job. His free agent signings were great. He did well the most trades as well.

I was surprised they kept the same hitting coaches.
It’s debatable if he did a good job before this season. He has made a lot of mistakes/misreads.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Don’t forget Michael Young for Esteban Loaiza.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
The window for this team has closed and Vlad has been extremely underwhelming.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_8040.jpeg

Nice 4/5 spot hitters !

Second higher batting average is .217

• Wow
Reactions: Larcos_Unal

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
His teams made the playoffs 3 out of the four years. The one year they missed it was by one game. He did a good job.
He is given one of the highest payroll in baseball though. I mean Jays have the 7th highest payroll (this year and 9th last year i think) so making the playoffs should kind of be a minimum honestly.

He definitely made better deals with pitching than hitting overall in the past few years.
I agree. Hard to complain about pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad