May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1704165841830.png

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Think they would have been better of dropping conferences based on previous leagues and went with

Div 1
Arlington
San Antonio
Houston
Birmingham

Div 2
Memphis
St Louis
Michigan
DC

Think 12 teams would have been better setup then 8 and hope that expansion comes in future years

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Think they would have been better of dropping conferences based on previous leagues and went with

Div 1
Arlington
San Antonio
Houston
Birmingham

Div 2
Memphis
St Louis
Michigan
DC

Think 12 teams would have been better setup then 8 and hope that expansion comes in future years
Would prefer no divisions at all

Reactions: LT

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would agree.

I am surprised it's just 8 teams vs like 10 or maybe 12. But, better to start slow and then grow if necessary.
I kinda am too, but if you figure they're trying to minimize costs at the start it makes sense, the only one that I'd imagine they miss is Seattle. Rest of the USFL teams didn't have stadium deals and the Vipers/Guardians weren't doing well, and the Vipers also didn't have a stadium deal. Just hope they expand by 2025

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I kinda am too, but if you figure they're trying to minimize costs at the start it makes sense, the only one that I'd imagine they miss is Seattle. Rest of the USFL teams didn't have stadium deals and the Vipers/Guardians weren't doing well, and the Vipers also didn't have a stadium deal. Just hope they expand by 2025
UFL really do need to be in MLS sized stadiums. Part of what makes the NFL great is the sound and seeing the stands before the player's bench area full.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
No idea why people seem to want these leagues to fail. I desperately hope a true strong spring league comes out of it and I definitely think it's possible with this one
Amen.
I believe the key is, finding its feasible niche. The mistake of the past, was trying to directly rival/duplicate the NFL. That's not practical..

If they maximize themselves in non-NFL markets, cultivate themselves as a level between college & NFL, have some rules that distinguish themselves from the NFL.. they can be similar to successful minor league baseball (which has its own valuable role and traditions).

Personally, I crave a league that offers smaller more intimate venues & markets. Seeing guys develop between college & NFL skill level. And I'm hoping this league is apolitical.. because the NFL views itself now as a delivery method for public service announcements on racism, ethnic heritage months, celebrating American militarism, Michael Sam's personal love life, etc. If the UFL just presents football, it could be a throwback to days before an activist NFL, which some fans will appreciate.

Sep 19, 2008
No idea why people seem to want these leagues to fail. I desperately hope a true strong spring league comes out of it and I definitely think it's possible with this one
people are fed up with football after February and claim they can't watch anymore, or complain about quality.

I'm a football nerd I'll watch any football

• Love
Reactions: MMC

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Damn, no Breakers. One of my favorite logos all time. Maybe if the league expands west they can put a team in Portland again.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I imagine they’ve figured out where everyone is playing, but are they doing any hubs at all or does everyone have their home field? That’s going to determine which teams they add, assuming they do at all.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I imagine they’ve figured out where everyone is playing, but are they doing any hubs at all or does everyone have their home field? That’s going to determine which teams they add, assuming they do at all.
2023 XFL model, everyone practices and stays in Arlington but flies to the home cities of the teams for game day (which is why the 8 teams are what they are)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad