WC: 2024 Team USA

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
We don't have a lot of options really.

True, but then I would have looked elsewhere. Sure, it would be nice if it could have been Carle or someone like that, but maybe he would have had more to lose at this point. An NHL role is not far away.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
The team is really coming together. Not much places left to fill as we know Larkin has been asked. Top 6/Top 4 in the box, and just some 3-4 liners/youngsters/goalies left. Not much left to be asked for, really. Solid.

ZEGRAS - (Larkin) - CAUFIELD
GAUDREAU - PINTO - TKACHUK
BOLDY - Beniers - Keller
Hartman - KUNIN - Gauthier

Rust/Vatrano/DeBrincat/Compher/Cooley?

JONES - WERENSKI
FABER - SANDERSON
Hutson - HUGHES
VLASIC - Marino

Daccord
Primeau
Gibson
Lyon
Lindgren

Reactions: jaro

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
The team is really coming together. Not much places left to fill as we know Larkin has been asked. Top 6/Top 4 in the box, and just some 3-4 liners/youngsters/goalies left. Not much left to be asked for, really. Solid.

ZEGRAS - (Larkin) - CAUFIELD
GAUDREAU - PINTO - TKACHUK
BOLDY - Beniers - Keller
Hartman - KUNIN - Gauthier

Rust/Vatrano/DeBrincat/Compher/Cooley?

JONES - WERENSKI
FABER - SANDERSON
Hutson - HUGHES
VLASIC - Marino

Daccord
Primeau
Gibson
Lyon
Lindgren
Maybe they will wait for tkachuck 2 :D

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Kind of unbelievable.

He did say that he has some injuries that need some time to heal. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's participated in quite a few international tournaments in the past. I don't think this is an issue of him just wanting to duck out. I think if he felt like could play, he would.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
First NHL-season. Played all 82 games. No need to risk it if you have some small nagging things here and there. Its sad, but ok.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
In other words, didn't want to go. Another NTDP alum...

One of the primary failures of the NTDP has been its inability to build lasting passion and pride for representing USAH. It's done a great job at the U20 and below levels, but that's not enough for the amount of resources they put into a small group of players.

He did say that he has some injuries that need some time to heal. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's participated in quite a few international tournaments in the past. I don't think this is an issue of him just wanting to duck out. I think if he felt like could play, he would.

First NHL-season. Played all 82 games. No need to risk it if you have some small nagging things here and there. Its sad, but ok.

If his injuries were a concern, he shouldn't have kept playing the meaningless NHL games after his team was eliminated from playoff contention.

Every player has nagging issues at the end of the year. He simply doesn't want to show up to the WC.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
One of the primary failures of the NTDP has been its inability to build lasting passion and pride for representing USAH. It's done a great job at the U20 and below levels, but that's not enough for the amount of resources they put into a small group of players.

If his injuries were a concern, he shouldn't have kept playing the meaningless NHL games after his team was eliminated from playoff contention.

Every player has nagging issues at the end of the year. He simply doesn't want to show up to the WC.
One of the express goals of the USNTDP was to create a lasting pipeline for success at senior tournaments. That hasn't happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad