WC: 2024 Team USA

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Putting everything on this tournament's attendance, and disregarding people that have gone in the past when there wasn't some future benefit, would be pretty lame.

I don't think that's exactly what Guerin said. He wasn't saying that players that would be considered "locks" (ie Hughes) for the Olympics need to play in the WC (although I'm sure he would prefer that), but it was more about the bubble players. He wants to see these guys at the WC, and I think Tuch is one of those bubble players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't think that's exactly what Guerin said. He wasn't saying that players that would be considered "locks" (ie Hughes) for the Olympics need to play in the WC (although I'm sure he would prefer that), but it was more about the bubble players. He wants to see these guys at the WC, and I think Tuch is one of those bubble players.
And Tuch should be able to point to playing last year, and it should hold equal weight (if not more) as the guys playing this year.

Reactions: krutais23

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
ZEGRAS - Larkin - CAUFIELD
GAUDREAU - PINTO - TKACHUK
Boldy - Compher - Keller
Beniers - KUNIN - Gauthier

Rust/Vatrano/DeBrincat/Cooley

JONES - WERENSKI
Faber - SANDERSON
Hutson - HUGHES
VLASIC - Marino

Daccord
Primeau
Gibson
Lyon
Lindgren

Maybe something like this.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
At least more guys aren't backing out so far. Curious to see more on the Columbus guys. I feel like Werenski is a guy who's rumored to be playing in a lot of WCs and then doesn't.

Not surprised on Kane. He's shown up far more than any of our other star players and he's coming off a major surgery that often ends careers. Rest up, and if he's looking like himself to start next season, that's enough to make a decision off of.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Reactions: Playmaker82

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Gostisbehere is another guy who should be there. Has been decline after decline with him.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I wonder if we get Cutter again. Would be a nice add.

His involvement with USA Hockey moving forward is going to be an interesting one for me.

Love the player, I truly just hate how he handled his business. Just thought he should have met with LeClair and Sharp, and/or answered Briere/Jones. I have no issue not wanting to play in Philly, but going to radio silence is sort of a lame way to stand on business…especially after saying “I was built to be a Flyer”. Really weird.

I know it is OT but anyone not affiliated to the Flyers or Ducks have an opinion? You all know much I love your opinions.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I fully expect Gauthier on the team.
I would think so as well.

I have zero problem if they bring a few elite kids like Gauthier (came last year too), Hutson, Coronato again..

As long as it isn't in top line roles and they can be complimentary pieces that gain experience and believe in showing up for your country, hell yeah add them. They are far better to bring then some of the grinders and tweeners we typically get.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hoping Gauthier is an add. He looked very good in his first NHL game and after a disappointing end to his BC season he has to be hungry to prove himself. Plus he played very well in the last WC and produced.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Give the fans what they want

Gauthier/Boldy Zegras Caufield

ZEGRAS - Larkin - CAUFIELD
GAUDREAU - PINTO - TKACHUK
Boldy - Compher - Keller
Beniers - KUNIN - Gauthier

Rust/Vatrano/DeBrincat/Cooley

JONES - WERENSKI
Faber - SANDERSON
Hutson - HUGHES
VLASIC - Marino

Daccord
Primeau
Gibson
Lyon
Lindgren

Maybe something like this.
Are the all cap'd guys the ones that are already confirmed? Looks like a pretty solid showing

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here it is folks! We knew this, especially since Guerin is the GM. I don't understand how this guy gets these opportunities over and over again. There is a reason why this guy is always available when spring comes. Only Quinn as a assistant is missing.
We don't have a lot of options really.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad