saskatchewan
Here is my roster with players available as of April 8th:

Goaltenders:

Defensemen:

Forwards:
Solid list overall only 2 I'd add would be Wetsch and Roberts

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
It was announced today that Catton and Lindstrom are both officially done for the season due to injuries. They won't be playing in this tournament.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
It was announced today that Catton and Lindstrom are both officially done for the season due to injuries. They won't be playing in this tournament.
Ouch, the tournament suddenly got less exciting for Canada, although I half expected Lindstrom wouldn't be playing. Good chance for some other draft eligibles to show their stuff.

Reactions: wetcoast

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Malcolm Spence?

i don't think he belongs to the u18 wjc
he is just not good enough, there are like 30 canadian u18 forwards better than him

also, Ryder Rithcie? i wouldn't pick him either, not good eno
Malcolm Spence?

he is just not good enough, there are like 30 canadian u18 forwards better than him

also, Ryder Rithcie? i wouldn't pick him either, not good enough
Malcolm Spence scored the OT winning goal for Canada at the Hlinka in august, for this same age group. He made the team which had all the talent available to it, he’s more than good enough to play here. He’ll be a first round pick in next years draft too, same with Martone who should also make this team.

Malcolm Spence?

also, Ryder Rithcie? i wouldn't pick him either, not good eno
Malcolm Spence?

also, Ryder Rithcie? i wouldn't pick him either, not good enough
Malcolm Spence scored the OT winning goal for Canada at the Hlinka in august, for this same age group. He made the team which had all the talent available to it, he’s more than good enough to play here. He’ll be a first round pick in next years draft too, same with Martone who should also
Another interesting factoid is, the tournament starts almost a week later this year than last. So, we may also get a few more A-Team Hlinka-Gretzky players become available.
this team should be really good.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Have they announced a roster? Are they waiting to see which 2nd round CHL Playoff Series wrap up by Friday? Lots of potential sweeps.

Torspo21

mailataikuri
Dec 15, 2009
Oijärvi
torspo21.blogspot.com
Canada´s roster for the tournament.

Attachments

• KANADA.jpeg
    KANADA.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Canada´s roster for the tournament.
I'd imagine they are holding spots in hopes of Iginla and Mews being available shortly. Surprised to see Desnoyers over some of the 06s, but he is a solid player for his age nonetheless.

Looks like they decided to leave the USHL players with their teams this year. I think Hage would've been a no brainer.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'd imagine they are holding spots in hopes of Iginla and Mews being available shortly. Surprised to see Desnoyers over some of the 06s, but he is a solid player for his age nonetheless.

Looks like they decided to leave the USHL players with their teams this year. I think Hage would've been a no brainer.
Hage's team could be eliminated as soon as today.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

yeah per usual a few curious choices. Schaefer shouldn't be there over Roberts or even for 07s Smith but he was a 1st pick plus had the C for U17s. Gavin+Marques should've been there over a few forwards also

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
What would a true "A" team (minus Celebrini who "graduated out of U18") look like?
Honestly, I'd have a hard time putting one together; it's a pretty deep birth year for Canada. Up front, Catton, Lindstrom, Hage, Parasack, Iginla, Sennecke and Misa would almost certainly be in the mix, but I'm not sure who I would subtract other than Desnoyers, Wetsch, and maybe Luchanko/Vanacker/Spence. Hockey Canada loves players who can play bottom six, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Beaudoin stick over a more heralded guy.

On the blueline, Parekh, Dickinson, Mews and someone like Marrelli would replace Hamilton, Schaefer and two of Brunicke/Aitcheson/Gill.

This doesn't include guys like Poirier and Masse, who performed well at the Hlinka and had solid seasons, as well as Boisvert and Letourneau.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The McKenna show begins. Is Hagens coming on the us side?
Yes, this is the 06 NDTP team, which he is on (late birthday) so he is there. He was there last year as well as a U17 callup for the '05 U18 team.
Celebrini graduated out of the U20 as well, not sure why you are talking about the U18 here.
As long as I've been watching Hockey, it's been a policy that once a player plays on a higher team, they graduate off a lower team from a Team Canada perspective.

Reactions: SOLR

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Yes, this is the 06 NDTP team, which he is on (late birthday) so he is there. He was there last year as well as a U17 callup for the '05 U18 team.

As long as I've been watching Hockey, it's been a policy that once a player plays on a higher team, they graduate off a lower team from a Team Canada perspective.
Bergeron played at the WJC’s after he played at the WHC as a result of the lockout.

But I think Celebrini was already added to the WHC, so won’t play in the U18’s.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Bergeron played at the WJC’s after he played at the WHC as a result of the lockout.

But I think Celebrini was already added to the WHC, so won’t play in the U18’s.
Yeah, there have been a couple anomalies over the years due to the lockout and COVID (Bedard played in his 2nd U-18 after the cancelled Christmas U-20), but the poster is right in that Hockey Canada "graduates" players in the program once they've played at a higher level. I highly doubt Celebrini would've played at this event even if the WHC wasn't an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad