GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Thank God that you're here 2024 MLB season. I come from watching yet another playoff-less year from my favorite worthless NHL team. I can't wait .

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Is there some kind of contractual reason why the MLB insists on playing games in the midwest and northeast this early in the year?

It just seems nuts that the Angels, Brewers and Braves are on the East Coast and not opening at home.

Sep 19, 2008
No surprise, Angels pitching is garbage

This jabron' has already loaded the bases with 0 out. Is Pablo Sandoval pitching for the Angels now? Who is this guy?

So sad because before Ohtani I remember actual talent on the Angels pitching.

F Rod (closer)
Jared Weaver
John Lackey (way long ago)

now they have nobodies pitching and they're all shit. Even Syndergaard went to LA and stunk it up before leaving for Texas

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No surprise, Angels pitching is garbage

This jabron' has already loaded the bases with 0 out. Is Pablo Sandoval pitching for the Angels now? Who is this guy?

So sad because before Ohtani I remember actual talent on the Angels pitching.

F Rod (closer)
Jared Weaver
John Lackey (way long ago)

now they have nobodies pitching and they're all shit. Even Syndergaard went to LA and stunk it up before leaving for Texas
So much is wrong with this lol. Sandoval is inconsistent as all hell but he's still a #3 on pretty much any team even though I wanted him traded in the offseason. Detmers and Canning are also both good pitchers. Syndergaard was fine on the Angels and never went to Texas so I don't even know what you're thinking there

Sep 19, 2008
Screenshot_20240328-163225.png

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Is there some kind of contractual reason why the MLB insists on playing games in the midwest and northeast this early in the year?

It just seems nuts that the Angels, Brewers and Braves are on the East Coast and not opening at home.
I'm pretty sure MLB tries to avoid having the cities that have 2 teams have both at home (Yanks on the road so Mets need to be home) at the same time. However, having the Braves/Phils series in Philly rather than in ATL is just ludicrous.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Not going to win many games when your pitching walks 9 batters. 6 by your "ace". . We'll see how we fare in these last 2 innings.

Framber has been a rollercoaster ever since his superb 2022 seasn+postseason.

Home woes continue. Lol. Hader looked great at least.

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
what in the world is the catcher doing? that run doesnt score if he gets the ball. get ball, then argue

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Umps couldn't even go one day before massively blowing a call. :facepalm:

what in the world is the catcher doing? that run doesnt score if he gets the ball. get ball, then argue
I am one who believes that it is a national emergency that umpires be replaced, and while this is yet another example of it, but not through the standard-fare Angel Hernandez-like gross incompetence, just a call that is missed on something he can’t see and has to listen to, and people act like that’s supposed to be fine because it’s human error. The catcher should get the ball first, but it’s also difficult for a catcher to do that just to make sure as often as he may need to do that during a long season.

This should be a reviewable play. It’s clear and obvious and should be done in about 20 seconds, even if a roboump can’t get it right.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That call is on the system not the umpire.

Can't hear any tip or nick on the mic and you can only tell it was foul on a face-on zoomed-in super slowmo.

There should have been a replay mechanism to overturn it. But putting one in place and formalizing it might be complex. Do you make it one directional, as in what happens if a whiff past ball was ruled a foul tip with runners on base, do they get to move up or have to go back to their original base, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad