Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

This is Hunter Wendlestedt's performance in the Yankees-Athletics game in which he tossed Aaron Boone because a fan was giving him the business. When an ump's called strike accuracy is 68%, he deserves the ridicule and should be thrown out of the game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I mean, if they were fundamentally sound he would definitely get (and deserve) some credit, so why doesn't he deserve some blame when they're not?

The base running stuff really gets me. It's the baseball equivalent to too many men on the ice.

I really don't feel he's responsible one way or the other.

There are players that are good base runners on the team and guys that are bad. And remember, many of them don't get much practice running the bases.

Can foot some blame for the players lack of focus

That all said they’re 13-11 with a lineup that should have them at 7-17 so I can’t complain too much about what Cora has done so far

It's a 162-game season. Not many modern players are in the Joe Dimaggio focus group.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I really don't feel he's responsible one way or the other.

There are players that are good base runners on the team and guys that are bad. And remember, many of them don't get much practice running the bases.

Okay so what is he responsible for? Just making out the lineup card and pitching changes? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking you what you think he is responsible for. To me if a team constantly has base path f***ups it's partly a reflection of the coaching staff.

It's not that it's "good or bad" base running, it's braindead base running for years now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Okay so what is he responsible for? Just making out the lineup card and pitching changes? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking you what you think he is responsible for. To me if a team constantly has base path f***ups it's partly a reflection of the coaching staff.

It's not that it's "good or bad" base running, it's braindead base running for years now.

I've always thought this was the case. Seriously. Managing a major league team is not on the same level as NHL, NFL or even NBA head coaches. I'd give Andrew Bailey more credit for the Sox being over .500 at this point than Alex Cora.

And in the modern game I think they need to be babysitters too.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sea Dogs lose 9-6 @ HFD; Series continues tonight weather permitting;

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bello to the IL, we cant have nice things

Seems precautionary more than anything. Zack Kelly up but probably either Gutierrez or Uwasawa to take his spot in the rotation I’d imagine

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is the Andrew Bailey pitching staff getting hurt continues.

Sorry..but it IS something to discuss
It really isn’t, again it’s a league wide phenomenon. It’s not like giants pitchers arms were getting murdered over his tenure there. There’s a reason why everybody is talking about this issue across the league, it’s not a Sox or Bailey exclusive thing you’re seemingly implying. Pitchers everywhere are trying to max everything out every pitch without sticky stuff and it puts a ton of extra stress on their arm.

This is also a lat injury, not an arm injury.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It seems like they’ve more or less benched Yoshida for the time being

Devers is finally back

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Okay so what is he responsible for? Just making out the lineup card and pitching changes?
In this era of baseball I would say yes although even pitching changes are more and more dictated by what the computer tells you to do.

Maybe someone can translate to Yoshida that we are frustrated by how bad he is at baseball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad