Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 2: When the Red Sox win, kids eat free at the 99 Restaurant

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Cam Booser is getting a look

I think he’s our 2nd best lefty reliever in the system so thank god

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Kyle Boddy worked with him in Cincinnati. He has a black widow throat tattoo that’s kinda sick, that’s the best thing about him for sure

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1713498399075.png

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’ve never seen a team make the simple things seem so difficult.

The have an easy 3 more wins already if they were performing the fundamentals at even a 70% rate.

I’m talking tagging a base, not getting picked off, getting a bunt down, executing a basic double play and fielding balls cleanly.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’ve never seen a team make the simple things seem so difficult.

The have an easy 3 more wins already if they were performing the fundamentals at even a 70% rate.

I’m talking tagging a base, not getting picked off, getting a bunt down, executing a basic double play and fielding balls cleanly.

Agreed.

But I don't put getting a bunt down as a fundamental play anymore. Seems to be the toughest thing to accomplish in MLB.

Reactions: sarge88

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
A guy I work with told me yesterdays starting lineup didn't have anyone making over 1.5 million in it - John and Linda must have been thrilled..

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
A guy I work with told me yesterdays starting lineup didn't have anyone making over 1.5 million in it - John and Linda must have been thrilled..
1. $30mil/yr tied up on a really good hitter who's a defensive liability at 3B. An awful contract that they signed because they were afraid to piss off the fan base any more than they already have.
2. $22.5mil/yr tied up on a SS who can't stay on the field consistently.
3. $18.6mil/yr tied up on a below average defensive OF who doesn't really do anything exceptionally well offensively.
4. $16mil/yr on a one-pitch closer, who's one pitch really isn't that special anymore.
5. $19mil/yr on a panic-signing (see #1 above) for a questionable SP who got hurt before his first start.

That's $105mil on 5 players who are either hurt, flawed or really should be DH'ing. When they have spent, they've spent foolishly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyduke

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1. $30mil/yr tied up on a really good hitter who's a defensive liability at 3B. An awful contract that they signed because they were afraid to piss off the fan base any more than they already have.
2. $22.5mil/yr tied up on a SS who can't stay on the field consistently.
3. $18.6mil/yr tied up on a below average defensive OF who doesn't really do anything exceptionally well offensively.
4. $16mil/yr on a one-pitch closer, who's one pitch really isn't that special anymore.
5. $19mil/yr on a panic-signing (see #1 above) for a questionable SP who got hurt before his first start.

That's $105mil on 5 players who are either hurt, flawed or really should be DH'ing. When they have spent, they've spent foolishly.
Henry and Werner get to write off the injured players' salary, they have insurance for that.

I just looked and Rob Refsnyder is the fifth-highest paid player on the active roster.

Just an embarrassment. The active roster payroll in 2024 is less than than the team payroll was in 2001. Every member of last night's lineup made less money than Hipolito Pichardo did in 2001 - and that's not even adjusting for inflation.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I am more disappointed with the people who still pay to go watch them. Think of all the more pleasurable things you could do instead
To each their own, but for me, there's nothing better than listening to a ball game on the radio with a cold bear and some sausage on the grill. That's what I'll be doing tonight.

Enjoy your weekend, fellas......

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
To each their own, but for me, there's nothing better than listening to a ball game on the radio with a cold bear and some sausage on the grill. That's what I'll be doing tonight.

I’d recommend warming up the bear.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

I do the same. Plenty of great baseball to watch with MLB Extra Innings and free streaming of quality baseball out there than the Sox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad