GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Look...I'm not saying it's not in the states, but I'd really suggest comparing the shit show that is Vancouver, compared to anywhere in the states that isn't Manhattan. Vancouver is so bad, that to own a house and have basic necessities like food, the average household income needs to be north of $250k.

Housing here isn’t quite that bad but homes that used to go for 250k are now going for 475+. Granted my wife and I paid about 365 for our four bedroom.

Food though is where it hits us hard having two toddlers.

@DistantThunderRep How’s the mood in Vancouver, are they rioting again?

Their game reminded me of us a bit: They had 12 shots going into the 3rd period, down 3-0. Eventually lose 3-2 with 17 shots.

Probably about to burn the city.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Go Stars Go! Definitely don't want the Oilers to win (Canadian Cup Drought is hilarious), would prefer the Panthers not to, and rooting against the Rangers solely because being able to make fun of New York Sports is always great, so Dallas is the best and most optimal Cup winner. They also have the deepest and most fun team IMHO.
NYR winning is important development for when they end up on the Lightning.

Edmonton will be funny because the Canadian media/government kind of wants the last Canadian team in the playoffs every year to temporarily become 'Canada's Team'.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
@DistantThunderRep How’s the mood in Vancouver, are they rioting again?

Their game reminded me of us a bit: They had 12 shots going into the 3rd period, down 3-0. Eventually lose 3-2 with 17 shots.
It was pretty somber. Although the delusion was massive, people were all like "Wow they played great but just couldn't clutch it." I was like WTF were you people watching? They decided to play 10 minutes in the game and couldn't score on a sieve like Skinner.

NYR winning is important development for when they end up on the Lightning.

Edmonton will be funny because the Canadian media/government kind of wants the last Canadian team in the playoffs every year to temporarily become 'Canada's Team'.
They try, and never succeed. Too much deep rooted hate across the board here. I think the only team that all of Canada would rally behind is Winnipeg. The rest, they can all go f*** themselves.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I hated losing him nearly as much as losing McDonagh, guys like that are so important when the playoffs arrive.
He was a quick favorite of mine. Has an intensity and focus where you can rely on him no matter what. He gets heat from the Rangers fanbase because of his cap hit, but he was so good here. Never forget that goal he snuck in against Carolina shortside.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
He was a quick favorite of mine. Has an intensity and focus where you can rely on him no matter what. He gets heat from the Rangers fanbase because of his cap hit, but he was so good here. Never forget that goal he snuck in against Carolina shortside.

That was such a pillow soft goal that the Carolina goalie with the unspellable name gave up, but shit I won't complain.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hate to be the downer but food prices are ridiculous everywhere even here in the states. Housing is also quite ridiculous thankfully my wife and I bought before the market turned truly stupid here.

Used to be you could cook at home cheaper then eating out based on our grocery bills I would say that isn’t true anymore.
Yeah... I'll never own a home. Ever. My mom can get a house for 100 grand with 2 kids, shit credit and little cash. Fast forward 24 years and my sister forked over that much just to even make a down payment to live in the suburbs in a 100 year old house

Thank freaking God I live in an absolutely BADASS, spacious as hell 2 bedroom apartment that couldn't possibly be more comfortable at a rate that breaks my balls but I can manage. That's my win

Last edited:

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Probably the most annoying thing about the Panthers success in these last few seasons isn't because of on-ice stuff, it's because (compared to us) the Panthers are affiliated with a more desirable market. Tampa vs. Miami...the NHL would've rather the Panthers been the big Florida success story than us, all things being equal the Panthers would be the more valuable franchise in the NHL's eyes.

Means precious little but it's just a thought I've had recently.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Probably the most annoying thing about the Panthers success in these last few seasons isn't because of on-ice stuff, it's because (compared to us) the Panthers are affiliated with a more desirable market. Tampa vs. Miami...the NHL would've rather the Panthers been the big Florida success story than us, all things being equal the Panthers would be the more valuable franchise in the NHL's eyes.

Means precious little but it's just a thought I've had recently.
I don't really see the Panthers get associated with Miami too much. They play in Sunrise, and are just 'Florida', but are associated with South Florida, generally.

93 was a weird expansion. You'd think it'd be Miami and LA. Instead, it's Florida and Anaheim.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If you're a true Panthers hater I think you should be rooting for them to lose in the finals rather than the conference finals.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you're a true Panthers hater I think you should be rooting for them to lose in the finals rather than the conference finals.
There's a point of every season where your stomach turns. You've realized that your season is over. (except when you win the cup)

The one that would probably hurt the most would be to lose the series 4-1. I think you've got to win one to believe you've got a chance.

Winning Game 2 would probably be the most devastating. You think you've got their number, but it completely slips away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad