Golf: 2024 PGA Championship - Three Men and (Scottie's) Baby

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Xander gonna have stance issues for his second on 18.

This’ll come down to if Xander can get up and down from within 100 or so. If not, we’ll get a playoff.

Xander is going to have to work for the win.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Xander gonna have stance issues for his second on 18.

This’ll come down to if Xander can get up and down from within 100 or so. If not, we’ll get a playoff.

Xander is going to have to work for the win.

What holes are the playoff? If it consists of any 5s thats advantage Bryson

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sometimes it is your time, and it is Xander’s time.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
This close to my +6600 Bryson future hitting. Needed that like I need crack.

Good for Xander. It's nice that he had to go out and take it. The course setup has taken some deserved flack but it's tough to complain about that finish.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Xander went out and emphatically answered the questions surrounding his career.

After a devastating loss last week, he took the first round lead, had it wire to wire, had to deal with needing to hold up with a late lead, had to birdie the last to win, and shot a major record.

Cant really be questioning him too much anymore.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I thought Xander's major failures had been overblown. He's mostly played fine, just not well enough to win. The only one I can remember that really sucked was blowing it on 16 at Augusta in 2021, but even then, he was still a few shots back at that point.

Now, we need to instead turn the spotlight on career major frauds like Cantlay, Hatton, even Niemann at this point. Dudes who refuse to show up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He finished 2nd in this event last year and 3rd this, that's not not showing up.
Yeah, I see what you’re saying. My post was more about who hasn’t gotten it done yet in a major.

Brooks took him to school last year, the Open the year before was a pathetic final round, and he missed two putts inside 10 feet the last two holes this year that were crucial to make.

There are very fair questions to ask about him.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I care way more about guys who don't come close, as they just don't attract any heat. Viktor's major record is solid at this point. Homa took some heat off of himself this year too.

Throw Finau up in my group as well. No top 10s since COVID is wild.

I'll also continue to bang the drum that Justin Thomas has only ever contended in two majors in his life.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Valhalla should never host a major again, by the way. One of the worst major courses I can remember.

And we're going to Quail Hollow next year. The PGA Championship is in a dire period of time for venues.

Gets better after that.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
They won't be going back, PGA America used to own the club but they sold it a couple years ago when this was obviously already booked.

Course itself is nice and has always had big names and action down the stretch but after the volunteer and Scheffler fiasco, PGAoA no longer owning the club, it won't host another PGA

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Scoring was historically low, you can thank the soft conditions

I think it’s more than soft conditions though. There’s very little actual danger you can get yourself in. I was astonished how easy some of the up and downs around the greens were.

I was expecting some “this guy has nothing and will have to hit it to 15 feet to make par”, and the majority were instead like “well, he’s probably trying to make this” from the bunker.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I think it’s more than soft conditions though. There’s very little actual danger you can get yourself in. I was astonished how easy some of the up and downs around the greens were.

I was expecting some “this guy has nothing and will have to hit it to 15 feet to make par”, and the majority were instead like “well, he’s probably trying to make this” from the bunker.

It's an easier track. But so are a lot of PGA's.

As for the easy up and downs

The Par5's in particular were just obliterated by the field.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I hope all the cop ball-washers in here go watch the video of Scottie 'accelerating and dragging the officer to the ground resulting in a hospital visit'.

f***ing nonsense, that cop should be fired on the spot. Oh ya he conveniently had his own bodycam shut off too, oh oops.
Man, it's crazy. He stopped right after he was yelled at. You wonder if the cops would have filled out their report full of lies if they knew this camera was watching.

Sep 19, 2008
Scottie literally did nothing wrong. This whole witch hunt is dumb.

Also the officer didn't even have his bodycam on

Why should I take his word over Scottie?

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad