Speculation: 2024 Off-Season Thread

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Wonder what happens with Duclair..
Tampa probably can't afford him if they do the smart thing and address the glaring need for an upgrade at RD via ufa. If they stay with mostly the same ineffective personnel as they had last year in that area(and unfortunately, this wouldn't surprise me), then they likely could re-sign Duclair. Of course, if Sheary and Jeannot aren't both moved, there won't be enough cap for Stamkos+Duclair+filling in the other spots.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hedman-Cernak
McDonagh-Sergachev
Fleury-Raddysh

Point-Stamkos-Paul down the middle in that order Trade Cirelli for an ACTUAL winger instead of just throwing out Stamkos for the 3rd year in a row like "lelz it's really gonna work this time"

Maybe sign Duclair for cheap

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Lilleberg should be 3LD and there's no space for Duclair, who will be looking for 4 or.more I'd guess. It's time to see what some of the Syracuse players have rather than trade their 2C for what will no doubt be an underwhelming return. I hope at least one of Goncalves, Groshev, Duke, Gauthier etc gets a real chance next year and hopefully meshes well in a middle 6 role. Tampa will need a couple of prospects to continue to take the next step, although with the cap finally starting to go up again they can be a lityle.more aggressive in free agency over the next couple of years.

Reactions: Peacefool

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Laffery -Glendenning -Eyssimont
Motte - Gonglaves-Jeannot ( if we don't trade him to sign a top 6)
Extras Watson on league minimum two-way deal and Chaffee.
The 3rd and 4th line can be juggled around and play more depending on match up.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Inspired by the "getting-the-band-back-together" spirit...

Sergachev+Sheary for Palat+25 1st or 24 2nd
Sergachev+Jeannot for Coleman+2nd
Sergachev+Sheary+Jeannette for Gourde+Larsson

I tend to think Sergachev holds better value in a trade than Cirelli or Cernak. By the same token I feel like Lightning fans only value Sergachev for his age and the prospects of life beyond Hedman. He isnt bad, nor excessively overpaid, but is the most expendable of players on the team higher than 5m AAV. Even ignoring the bringing back former players aspect, I would rather move Sergachev for a cheaper top 6 wing and/or top 4 RHD using the cap savings to resign Stamkos.

Free agency I am only anticipating unqualified RFAs, Euro FAs, UDFAs, or otherwise minimal impact AHL tweeners with entirely buryable contracts. Improve Syracuse and challenge the current AHL tweeners in the system to earn spots. Nothing to get too excited about. No real names. Young depth that needs to WORK for any minutes on the big club.

Sorry, thought I was in the General Lightning discussion thread. Feel free to move there if so inclined.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Merela and Huuhtanen probably have a better chance than Groshev at making the team.
Groshev seemed to stagnate in the A around midseason. Merela is older and a safe 4th liner if you need someone to eat minutes and give you games. Huuhtanen will need to improve his skating further as well as his defensive awareness, but his offensive upside is very intriguing

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Why do everyone think that it will be Hedman-Sergachev and not Hedman-McDonagh? This year McD played a lot with Josi and actually looked pretty good as RD.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman-McDonagh does open the door for Sergachev-Cernak though. Looks like McDonagh did play quite a bit of time on the right last season but he also spent twice as much time on the left, it's nice that it gives you options but they clearly have comfort sides/positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad