Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part III

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Iirc, Mina Kimes has thought Polk might sneak into the late first round the last few weeks.

Don't love the scout report but the last two big contested catch guys burning us plays a big role in that. N'Keal Harry sucked and Parker kind of sucked too but had a qb who couldn't place the ball in spots that only the wr could go up and get it.

Reactions: EverettMike and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Iirc, Mina Kimes has thought Polk might sneak into the late first round the last few weeks.

Don't love the scout report but the last two big contested catch guys burning us plays a big role in that. N'Keal Harry sucked and Parker kind of sucked too but had a qb who couldn't place the ball in spots that only the wr could go up and get it.
Seems like the common comp is a juiced up Meyers

Reactions: HustleB

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
ESPN's Field Yates on Ja'Lynn Polk:

“Spent one year at Texas Tech. Came from the same high school as Dez Bryant. This guy is tough. He makes so many contested catches; so many catches that aren’t necessarily the highlight reel [type] but are in tight areas, or when he’s posting up a perimeter corner. Doing things outside of his frame so consistently. Making the difficult things look effortless.

"I think the run-after-catch skill is fine. I get it – he had a 4.52 ‘40’; he’s not going to blow you away in that regard. But if you’re looking for a guy who is consistently making the difficult things look easy, it’s Ja’Lynn Polk. He had a wonderful game against Michigan State in which he was making catches like he was part of cirque du soleil.

"Was great at the pro day. Love seeing the energy he brought to the table. I’m in on Ja’Lynn Polk; I think he deserves to go somewhere in the second round.”

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
For me McConkey was the best overall on the board to start the day but the skill set was redundant with Bourne and Douglas (to a degree). Coleman was the best fit being a pure X but I wasn’t in love with him as a player. The front offices around the league know something about Mitchell the scouting community doesn’t know. Polk can play outside and is dependable/tough/talented so f*** it

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The good thing is it won't take much from any WR to make this a better position group. As long as you can breathe and tie your cleats.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Isn't a concern for Polk in the NFL that he may struggle to get separation? You know the same thing that was am issue for this team last year? I guess it's good that he can make contested catchs because he's going to have to make a lot if he can't get separation.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Isn't a concern for Polk in the NFL that he may struggle to get separation? You know the same thing that was am issue for this team last year? I guess it's good that he can make contested catchs because he's going to have to make a lot if he can't get separation.
Tyquan  STILL cant get separation or run routes properly. Let's hope this guy can

Reactions: bbfan419

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
15 picks away from the Patriots being back on the clock at #68. Guys I'm keeping an eye on:

Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Javon Baker, WR, Central Florida
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State
Jared Wiley, TE, Texas Christian
Kingsley Suamataia, OT, Brigham Young
Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Brandon Coleman, OT, Texas Christian
Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale
Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan
Austin Booker, Edge, Kansas
Ennis Rakestraw, CB, Missouri
TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Ben Sinnott's comparison is Tom Wilson based on the highlights they just showed on nfl network. I'm not sure if a hit to the head while playing hockey being on a 2nd round nfl draft picks highlight package is a positive or not but he murdered whoever he hit.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Some of the stuff the NFL does during the draft is "touching" but could we please just move it along. I don't need a separate act/skit for every pick.

Reactions: EverettMike

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
15 picks away from the Patriots being back on the clock at #68. Guys I'm keeping an eye on:

Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Javon Baker, WR, Central Florida
Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State
Jared Wiley, TE, Texas Christian
Kingsley Suamataia, OT, Brigham Young
Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Brandon Coleman, OT, Texas Christian
Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale