Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
All depends on the price tag. #34 alone ain't gonna do it.
I can't tell you how much I hate the idea of trading the #34 pick for Deebo.

He's 28, his production has slipped dramatically over the past two seasons, he's relatively expensive, and he doesn't beat man coverage. Most of his catches are against zone coverage, or they're schemed.

The only reason I'd consider trading a 3rd round pick for him is because we've got an enormous amount of cap space. SF is already scheduled to be $23 million over the cap next season. We'd honestly be doing them a favor.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Name for me one QB Belichick actually had a hand in scouting, drafting, and developing into being a good QB. If you say Brady, I'm going to laugh my ass off. Brady was a Dick Rehbein and Bobby Grier pick and Charlie Weis constructed that offense.

You are saying Bill had no hand in the drills and practices Brady took part in?

Reactions: Maine Fan

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Name for me one QB Belichick actually had a hand in scouting, drafting, and developing into being a good QB. If you say Brady, I'm going to laugh my ass off. Brady was a Dick Rehbein and Bobby Grier pick and Charlie Weis constructed that offense.

Imagine saying with a straight face Bill Belichick had nothing to do with the development of Tom Brady.

Are we supposed to take any of this seriously?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You are saying Bill had no hand in the drills and practices Brady took part in?
Bill kept him around as a third qb in 2000. For some reason Bill doesn’t get credit for him, but every pick that sucks was all him.

I need to go back and watch the Brady 6, because I recall it was more than Rabine saying take Brady and Bill saying ok.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Deebo wouldn’t cost 34, it would be less

I’d go OT with this next pick then Javon Baker round 3
What OT. After Guyton went, I don't see anyone rated as a proper value. But honestly I have not been knee deep in it so I could be missing some good options.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What OT. After Guyton went, I don't see anyone rated as a proper value. But honestly I have not been knee deep in it so I could be missing some good options.
Wouldn’t mind trading down a little and going Suamataia

Patrick Paul possible round 3 target for me too

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I can't tell you how much I hate the idea of trading the #34 pick for Deebo.

He's 28, his production has slipped dramatically over the past two seasons, he's relatively expensive, and he doesn't beat man coverage. Most of his catches are against zone coverage, or they're schemed.

The only reason I'd consider trading a 3rd round pick for him is because we've got an enormous amount of cap space. SF is already scheduled to be $23 million over the cap next season. We'd honestly be doing them a favor.
I never said to trade 34 for him. I think it would cost a bit less to get him. And I think we would be remiss not to consider it, if it takes a 3rd round pick.

Reactions: HustleB

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I have varying degrees of interest in...

Kingsley Suamataia, Brigham Young
Patrick Paul, Houston
Blake Fisher, Notre Dame
Kiran Amegadjie, Yale
Brandon Coleman, Texas Christian

Reactions: HustleB

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Maye is going to be a great one. He seems to live and breathe football, is VERY in tune with the QB position, is humble, yet very eager to learn/take things in etc.
I like what I see and hear from him.

Reactions: bbfan419

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Per Albert Breer, the Giants offered #6 and their 2025 1st round pick for #3.

The Vikings offered, #11, #23, their 2025 1st round pick, and pick swaps that favored Minnesota... so something a little less than the full value of three 1st round picks.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I agree with BB, I don't thinkt Maye will be ready this season to start and he will start be a competitor in '25-'26 to start. Brissett will start all games in '24-'25 until he is injured or the fans want Maye and instead they will get Zappe who will be better than last season and better than Maye. WOW what a problem to have, Zappe the starter in '25-'26 with Brissett as backup and Maye the 3rd string until traded elsewhere. You read it here. Remember this in September 2025. PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDER.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
So would the Patriots QB depth chart for the 2024-25 season be: 1. Brissett, 2. Zappe, 3. Maye, 4. Roarke (practice squad).

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Per Albert Breer, the Giants offered #6 and their 2025 1st round pick for #3.

The Vikings offered, #11, #23, their 2025 1st round pick, and pick swaps that favored Minnesota... so something a little less than the full value of three 1st round picks.

That Giants offer might be the better offer than the Minnesota one. I think they will be drafting around the same spot next year. Pats could have stayed at 6 and taken a top tier WR or Tackle, or traded back a bit more and still got a QB and more picks. Regardless I think I prefer what they did and drafting Maye.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
N'Keal Harry has left too many scars for me to like wrs like Keon Coleman. Lazy comparison without me really watching him but big, slower wr who don't test well on agility drills feel like one dimensional players at the next level.

Trade down and add some middle round picks. Something like 34 and 180 for 43, 109 and 143 from Atlanta so the Falcons can get DeJean who fits a Raheem Morris defense. Give me Patrick Paul and Jalen McMillan from Day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad