Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
honestly I really like Penix a lot, if they believe in him f*** it. Probably not gonna be picking that high again soon and he can learn under Cousins

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can't fault them for drafting a QB but at the same time I still kind of wish they took Marvin Harrison Jr. and drafted a QB in the 2nd Round.

You can ruin a QB by thrusting them into a situation with nobody to throw to. The reverse is less true, and the Patriots are almost certainly going to suck this coming year no matter what (and will have another high draft pick as a result).

Hopefully they keep him on the bench for most of the 2024 Season and do his development right, nobody wants Mac Jones 2.0.

I get it but there will be little to nothing left at qb by the time the second round comes

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I guess that's why dropping down to 11 would have been a risk. If Penix was their backup plan if Minnesota was willing to give them what they want, that would have f***ed everything up.

Hit the under on Penix 21.5 but expected the Raiders to be the team that picked him

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
While I leaned toward MHJ and a bridge QB, I'm happy with Maye, he was my second preference, and if a legit QB is there for the taking, can't fault them for taking him.

All in on Drizzy

Reactions: Mione134

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Penix is 24 with injury history. This looks like a real dumb pick by Falcons.
Yeah it's hard to understand. They had to have known they loved Penix before they gave Kirk that contract and now you have an 8th overall pick behind a guy you just guaranteed 90 million to for the next two years.

Unlike Rodgers and Love, if Cousins isn't a top 12 qb in the league next season, that city will turn on him and want Penix playing quickly. There's no goodwill built up for Cousins in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad