Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What are peoples’ thoughts on trading down with someone like the Vikings, if we managed to get a King’s Ransom, picked WR at 11, OT at 23, another piece at 34 and then tried to get Rattler in the third, or trade up for him?

I’d be OK with Maye at 3, but I’m heavily concerned that drafting a QB with our talent on offense is not conducive for success.

In all likelihood in my initial proposal, we’re gonna be a top 10 pick again anyways and would have the Viking’s 2025 1st too for a QB then.
everything here I’m in agreement

The D is very good if they stay off field less then last season they could win 7 games

KOZ37

May 17, 2010

The D is very good if they stay off field less then last season they could win 7 games
I tend to agree. They could and maybe should have won 7 last year. Probably would have with a few less badly timed turnovers.

Reactions: DKH

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

I am not a Rattler fan, would pass on him.
Am on board with trading the pick.
Based on the depth at WR, I would take a OT at 11 and grab one of the best in the draft.
Leave the WR until the 23rd pick, or take Penix if he is there and get a WR in the second round.
As long as we do not draft JJ with the #3 pick, I will be happy.

6 prospects they have pegged for pick 3..... this is easy
Williams,Daniels,Maye,Nabers,MHJ and Olt.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I have a feeling we're going to find out a lot about the power dynamic between Mayo and Wolf today and who's really in charge (my guess would be Mayo).

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

If they have their eyes on McCarthy (REALLLY HOPE NOT) this makes a ton of sense, but what's the end result in terms of draft capital acquired/spent to move back one spot.

I really don't get the JJ McCarthy stuff. Not that franchises should cater to the masses, but the optics of picking that guy would not be good for Kraft, who at this point, cares more about his public image than anything.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have a feeling we're going to find out a lot about the power dynamic between Mayo and Wolf today and who's really in charge (my guess would be Mayo).
Does anyone want Jerod Mayo picking the QB? I sure as hell don't.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Interesting discussion from Bert Breer on 98.5 this morning.

If you're a young QB, what's your ideal landing spot? Probably Minnesota, right? Good tackles, really good skill positions, former QB as the Head Coach, doomed stadium, etc.

If you were JJ McCarthy, why wouldn't you put it out there that teams in the Top 6 were interested, in hopes that the Vikings get spooked and make a move up the board to draft you? You end up in an ideal situation, and the higher up the board you get taken, the more money you get.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm just glad it's here and after tonight we won't have to read any JJ McCarthy scouting reports being tweeted at us by beat reporters ever again

Don't worry, rookie minicamp is soon and you'll get some more then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad