Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I have a hunch Pats really want Joe Alt. I don’t see him making it to 11th overall. I think Titans snag him at 7th.

Brady endorses JJ McCarthy & suddenly everyone defending the potential disaster of an idea of taking him at 3. Spare me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bob Kraft right or wrong will be blamed if JJ McCarthy is drafted and will replace John Henry as public enemy number 1

If it’s McCarthy and he deals with depression he better find a bubble to live in with no contact with the outside world

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
JJ down to +225 for the No.3 pick....it's a bit unsettling considering he was well in the +400's yesterday at 365

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If we didn't have the #3 pick, I'd be  okay picking JJ.

I don't trust the "top 3" qb's, but in this spot, you're going to have to take Maye. It is what it is. You have him sit and develop.

If we had the 11th pick, okay I'd take a flyer on JJ. But we have the 3rd pick. You gotta pick Maye and hope he develops.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
According to Dan Lifshatz, Vegas betting lines heavily moving towards JJ McCarthy being picked at 3rd by Pats and Maye at 4th overall. Lifshatz source confirms. Same source who said Stroud would go 2 last draft. Lifshatz claims source is extremely solid.

Christ they can’t be this stupid can they

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
According to Dan Lifshatz, Vegas betting lines heavily moving towards JJ McCarthy being picked at 3rd by Pats and Maye at 4th overall. Lifshatz source confirms. Same source who said Stroud would go 2 last draft. Lifshatz claims source is extremely solid.

Christ they can’t be this stupid can they
Not that I trust Lifshatz, but if true it better be someone moving up to trade for him. If they insist on taking him, trade back and work the board. You just do not gamble like that with the 3rd pick. I would rather take more of a sure thing like Alt, or Harrison/Nabers 3rd than force A pick trying to be smarter than everyone else. They pick JJ 3rd I am all out on the Pats. Guess it still leaves me with the Bruins and Celtics for well run Boston franchises to focus on! Thankfully I'm not as invested in sports as I was in my younger years. Just games after all.....

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Not that I trust Lifshatz, but if true it better be someone moving up to trade for him. If they insist on taking him, trade back and work the board. You just do not gamble like that with the 3rd pick. I would rather take more of a sure thing like Alt, or Harrison/Nabers 3rd than force A pick trying to be smarter than everyone else. They pick JJ 3rd I am all out on the Pats. Guess it still leaves me with the Bruins and Celtics for well run Boston franchises to focus on! Thankfully I'm not as invested in sports as I was in my younger years. Just games after all.....
Lifshatz says the bets are pouring in with Pats taking McCarthy at 3 (not trading out of slot)

• Wow
Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If you think you are drafting a franchise QB I don't care where he is drafted. If you can trade down and get him? Even better. I don't concern myself with hfboards posters who are concerned because Jim Harbaugh runs an offense out of the '80s. That's not to say I think McCarthy is even a better option that Maye. I have no f'ing clue. Basically like everyone else.

The only thing that annoys me is comparing McCarthy to Mac Jones. McCarthy has a better arm, more athletic and didn't have close to the weapons Mac had at Bama.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I’m pretty sure if Drake Maye was QB of Michigan with that offense he’s throwing a lot more
A lot more? Doubtful. Michigan sucked the life out of opponents from opening kickoff. Games were over by halftime. When you can run the ball down the throat of the opponent at will there is simply no need for a "riskier" play. McCarthy did deliver against Bama when they needed him to. All this to say it's tough to get an accurate read off of just McCarthy's game film compared to guys in pass happy offenses.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yikes

Path to Draft Charles Davis now has JJ to Patriots

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A lot more? Doubtful. Michigan sucked the life out of opponents from opening kickoff. Games were over by halftime. When you can run the ball down the throat of the opponent at will there is simply no need for a "riskier" play. McCarthy did deliver against Bama when they needed him to. All this to say it's tough to get an accurate read off of just McCarthy's game film compared to guys in pass happy offenses.
I don’t hate JJ but just taking at 3 is brutal

Reactions: Mione134

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Lifshatz says the bets are pouring in with Pats taking McCarthy at 3 (not trading out of slot)
If I recall correctly he stated it was McCarthy being selected 3rd overall. They generally don't associate the draft slot/wager with a specific team for wagering purposes. They could have Intel about a potential trade or just feel the Pats will stay put and draft him. A lot goes on this time of year obviously but I can see the Krafts also mandating the pick because they can always deny it. I'd rather sign Brady for two more years at his age and draft a stud tackle or WR ( no I don't thinks Brady signs....just making a point). Pats have a ways to go to build an offense any rookie could succeed in.

Yikes

Path to Draft Charles Davis now has JJ to Patriots
He had that this morning but I agree....yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad