Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
For what it's worth, I just watched Adam Schefter on ESPN suggest that the Patriots might be a little more open to a trade at #3 than many believe. He says they're definitely receiving calls.
I'm not opposed to it if they can take whoever they trade with for every last pick. If it is Minnesota I want 4 first round picks (they are the only team able to offer this as you cannot trade beyond 3years out). If it is Denver I want 3 firsts and Surtain.....I think they could be a bottom 5 team next year. Giants will also be bad so a couple of firsts from them work. I would ask for a second as well and give them a 4th back. If no one meets your ask you keep the pick and take Maye.

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't blame you.

If we had pick 11. I'd take him.

But at 3? I don't think I can justify doing that
I don’t want any QB who’s had mental health issues or suffers from depression or has

The fans and media will feed off that - look at how Bruins fans treat DeBrusk because he said he struggled during covid

I don’t want McCarthy even at 34

Wrong city for him

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don’t want any QB who’s had mental health issues or suffers from depression or has

The fans and media will feed off that - look at how Bruins fans treat DeBrusk because he said he struggled during covid

I don’t want McCarthy even at 34

Wrong city for him
You're absolutely right, Dan.

This isn't the right environment.

Reactions: DKH

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is unpopular opinion I'm sure. But I'm with ya.

I don't know if either will pan out. But I think Penix has a better shot. They can't take McCarthy... Disaster pick.

I think McCarthy easily has the biggest "total bust" potential of the top 5 QBs and taking him at 3 would be an atrocity when you consider what some teams would pay for that pick.

Reactions: KOZ37

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I'd take Penix over him assuming his medicals aren't a clear nightmare.
Penix was given a clean bill of health at the combine and has played his last 24 games in college without mising a game.
Out of all the QB's available to draft, at 24 YO, he is NFL ready based on the number of games he has played / Pass attempts.
I would take Penix all day long over JJ.
Penix = 1685 pass attempts
JJ = 713 pass attempts

Penix was 8th in Heisman voting in 2022 and second in 2023
JJ was 10th in voting in 2023.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Penix was given a clean bill of health at the combine and has played his last 24 games in college without mising a game.
Out of all the QB's available to draft, at 24 YO, he is NFL ready based on the number of games he has played / Pass attempts.
I would take Penix all day long over JJ.
Penix = 1685 pass attempts
JJ = 713 pass attempts

Penix was 8th in Heisman voting in 2022 and second in 2023
JJ was 10th in voting in 2023.

I genuinely hate the thought of taking anyone as old as Penix, but I'd still take him over McCarthy. (I'm not taking either at f***ing 3, I just mean in general.)

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm going to allow for the fact that this info came from Bill Belichick but I've had just about enough of Robert Kraft. Guy has ridden the coattails of Tom Brady/Bill Belichick for so long and now he's being exposed more and more. The whole elegant solution he wanted? Complete nonsense. Bill Belichick did the dumb press conference and at this point we might not ever see him step foot in Gillette again. First the documentary hits and now this. Kraft has morphed into a sneaky bad owner.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I genuinely hate the thought of taking anyone as old as Penix, but I'd still take him over McCarthy. (I'm not taking either at f***ing 3, I just mean in general.)
Pros and cons to both.
Penix would be a nice pick at 15-23.
I have no issues if we trade down with say Minny and grap picks 11 and 23 on day one. They would have to add more picks or just include Justin Jefferson and call it a day.
If we can leave the draft first day and grab an OT and get Penix at 23, or move up a few spots and grab him we hit a homerun.
Get the WR we need in the second round, there will be lots to choose from or if they include JJ, grab the top RB ( I love Jonathon Brooks) or grab Edgerrin Cooper ( LB)

Reactions: KOZ37

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not. Even. Close.

Maye easily has the better raw tools. For that reason alone he's got a higher floor than McCarthy.

I'm going to allow for the fact that this info came from Bill Belichick but I've had just about enough of Robert Kraft. Guy has ridden the coattails of Tom Brady/Bill Belichick for so long and now he's being exposed more and more. The whole elegant solution he wanted? Complete nonsense. Bill Belichick did the dumb press conference and at this point we might not ever see him step foot in Gillette again. First the documentary hits and now this. Kraft has morphed into a sneaky bad owner.

Honestly don't even think it's sneaky at this point. I think a majority of Pats fans now feel this way. The Dynasty has completely blown up in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad