Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I think an offer that would get us Rossi would cost us someone that we don't want to lose, like Geekie or Lamoreaux or more.

I think at this point we keep our current assets and work free agency, not make dumb trades simply because the coach likes a guy. I'm sure Tourigny likes the kids we'd have to trade to get Rossi too.
Agree keep our core and add to it via draft , or trading picks.. but don’t trade the future for a win now .. use the Free agency for big name players if needed

Reactions: rams and Kai Yo T

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Stamkos has been on fire these playoffs. Easily Tampa's best player. I really hope we make him an offer to come and be Utah's first captain. Just keep the term short.

Imagine our top 9...

Keller Stamkos Schmaltz
Crouse Cooley Guenther
Maccelli Bjugstad Doan

I think as soon as next season you could see Utah outperform Tampa in the standings, with or without Stamkos.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Stamkos has been on fire these playoffs. Easily Tampa's best player. I really hope we make him an offer to come and be Utah's first captain. Just keep the term short.
If you offered a 4 year front loaded contract what would it be?

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Imagine our top 9...

Keller Stamkos Schmaltz
Crouse Cooley Guenther
Maccelli Bjugstad Doan

I think as soon as next season you could see Utah outperform Tampa in the standings, with or without Stamkos.
Where’s Hayton?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Are we thinking Geekie spends at least one year in Tucson? And then after we draft Celebrini we'll be fat at the center position. Hayton eventually gets packaged in a trade to bring in help on the back end. Utah wins the Cup in 2029.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Maccelli-Bjugstad-Doan
Kerfoot-McBain-Carcone

Skjei-Roy
Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Kesselring

Ingram
Vejmelka

I just want to overpay the heck out of Skjei and Roy.
No interest in trading for or signing a top line forward?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No interest in trading for or signing a top line forward?

Maybe, but need to prioritize defense. I think our top 3 lines should be above average assuming Cooley, Guenther, and Doan continue to grow.

Lot's of talent in the pipeline too, but if we want to improve next season need to bring the 3.43 ga/gp (25th in NHL) down to under 3, which likely would put us in the playoffs.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think free agency could be a tough sell for the first offseason in Utah. No players have ever been there. At least with Arizona, despite all the issues, the players had a basis of the city/state, what it would be like to live there, the facilities at GRA/Mullett, etc. I could see us needing to go more the trade route in order to get our improvements this offseason.

Why? Contract?

I don't like Marner's play at all. No intensity.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Maccelli-Bjugstad-Doan
Kerfoot-McBain-Carcone

Skjei-Roy
Moser-Durzi
Valimaki-Kesselring

Ingram
Vejmelka

I just want to overpay the heck out of Skjei and Roy.
Why does everyone keep on putting Hayton on the first line? He should never ever see that position again. Bjugstad showed that is his spot until we can get someone better. I can't see BA standing pat with the same C' as last year. Hell, Kerfoot didn't do too bad in that position either, but I think he is has more value elsewhere.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Are we watching the same player? I love Keller but I don't think guts and Keller should be used in the same sentence. That's not putting down Keller, that's just not his game.

I think Keller has been far more engaged the past two seasons. I think it's one of the biggest reasons he is more productive under Tourigny. He now shows a willingness to go to the inside and make plays. He will battle. He's not Matthew Tkachuk, but he's not Mitch Marner either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad