Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Keep everyone from that list except O’Brien, Brown, Dermott, and Vejmelka.

We need at least two top-four D and a backup goalie. Another centre wouldn’t hurt either. Of course if we win Celebrini that changes the equation.
Add Valimaki to the dump list. We have work to do on the back end.

The more and more I think about making a splash trade this summer, the more I keep coming back to the name Matias Maccelli. I don’t necessarily want to trade him. I love Matias. But teams usually have to part with at least 1 good young player off the roster. I keep having this bad feeling like he’s trade bait. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Add Valimaki to the dump list. We have work to do on the back end.

The more and more I think about making a splash trade this summer, the more I keep coming back to the name Matias Maccelli. I don’t necessarily want to trade him. I love Matias. But teams usually have to part with at least 1 good young player off the roster. I keep having this bad feeling like he’s trade bait. Hope I’m wrong.
I think Valimaki-Kesselring is an okay 3rd pair for a bubble team. Moser-Durzi is an okay 2nd pair. They need a 1st pair.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I think anything you do this summer is really about next season. They shouldn't push the chips in too soon like Detroit did.

Definitely going after a big D (Skjei, Pesce, Whitecloud, Roy, etc) and a backup goalie. There might some other interesting RFA opportunities (Necas) that are worthwhile.

Weaponize picks but plan on this being another growth year with playoffs the following year.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
I think anything you do this summer is really about next season. They shouldn't push the chips in too soon like Detroit did.

Definitely going after a big D (Skjei, Pesce, Whitecloud, Roy, etc) and a backup goalie. There might some other interesting RFA opportunities (Necas) that are worthwhile.

Weaponize picks but plan on this being another growth year with playoffs the following year.
I agree, but improving the D should definetly be the priority

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I love Marco Rossi. So does Andre Tourigny.

What's the best offer we can put together?

I think an offer that would get us Rossi would cost us someone that we don't want to lose, like Geekie or Lamoreaux or more.

I think at this point we keep our current assets and work free agency, not make dumb trades simply because the coach likes a guy. I'm sure Tourigny likes the kids we'd have to trade to get Rossi too.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If we get 2 or 3 more Dmen I believe JJ Moser will become way more effective. He's a good 2nd pairing or great 3 pairing Dman. Can hardly wait for June. Will be an incredible summer.
Yup, the entire D played up a pairing last season. If Moser-Durzi are 2nd pair and Valimaki-Kesselring 3rd that's ideal...but not realistic as a 1D and 2D's don't typically become available let alone both in the same offseason.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I love Marco Rossi. So does Andre Tourigny.

What's the best offer we can put together?

They would ask for Geekie. Hayton? Not sure I love that. Macelli? Could you figure out something with Schmaltz? although i think it was Carolina that was hot and heavy for Schmaltz.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So then why should we trade Hayton for Rossi? I don't think that qualifies as an upgrade. Hayton's bigger and has more upside because he's a two-way player...
Many in F40 (or is it F??) have had an infatuation with Rossi for years. But he doesn’t fit the profile of players GMBA has been targeting.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Rossi is small but he’s built like Max Domi. Excellent two-way player too.
We just have no need for the guy. Whatever he brings, we have guys on the roster and in the system who bring it as well. IMO we shouldn't sacrifice assets like that unless it's for a significant difference maker, and even then we should think long and hard about it beforehand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad