Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Trade a 2nd to TBL for Jeannot and Raddysh.

Trade a 2nd, 3rd, and Soderstrom to SJS for Ferraro.

Sign Vincent Desharnais as a UFA

Moser-Durzi
Ferraro-Raddysh
Valimaki-Kesselring
Desharnais
Desharnais has size, but man is he bad. Want no part of him. Ferraro and Jeanot would be fine. I think Koly has a good shot at making the team this year as well. The way it sounds Tampa may trade Cirelli to easy their cap problem.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm all for offering Lindholm ($6.25M×4) and Zadorov ($3.75M×4) contracts once free agency starts. Both seem to be under what HFers expect them to make. But I think the 4 year terms may entice them.

Reactions: Summer Rose

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I'm all for offering Lindholm ($6.25M×4) and Zadorov ($3.75M×4) contracts once free agency starts. Both seem to be under what HFers expect them to make. But I think the 4 year terms may entice them.
Lindholm supposedly turned down a Flames $9 x 8 offer. His value likely suffered a touch after move to Canucks but his playoff performance is correcting any of that. Evolving hockey had his projected value at $9. According to Seravelli, Z is looking for $5x5 and same thing...he's showing why he is worth it in the playoffs. Both are 29 so 4 years is the most a team should want to go but because they will be in high demand, the winning teams will likely have to hand out mistake contracts to get 'em.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I want all the Panthers we can get. They are going to have to re-sign Montour, Reinhart and OEL. I've heard Reinhart and the team pretty much have an agreement that will be announced after the playoffs.

Bennett should be the easiest piece to shake loose. Lundell can replace him at 2C.

Mikkola has been a very solid top four, heavy defender. I'm a little concerned he is having a year like Valimaki did last year however. Still at 2.5 I'm probably willing to ship off Valimaki for him, but unfortunately every defenseman we have is up for a new contract so not sure if he would save the Panthers any money.

Bennett + Mikkola for a 25 + 26 2nd and Jenik+ Soderstrom. Add a third if you need to.

I think Florida would like the guys who may be able to make the team on the cheap too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I want all the Panthers we can get. They are going to have to re-sign Montour, Reinhart and OEL. I've heard Reinhart and the team pretty much have an agreement that will be announced after the playoffs.

Bennett should be the easiest piece to shake loose. Lundell can replace him at 2C.

Mikkola has been a very solid top four, heavy defender. I'm a little concerned he is having a year like Valimaki did last year however. Still at 2.5 I'm probably willing to ship off Valimaki for him, but unfortunately every defenseman we have is up for a new contract so not sure if he would save the Panthers any money.

Bennett + Mikkola for a 25 + 26 2nd and Jenik+ Soderstrom. Add a third if you need to.

I think Florida would like the guys who may be able to make the team on the cheap too.
I’d do it.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Trade a 2nd to TBL for Jeannot and Raddysh.

Incredible how much Jeannot's stock has dropped a couple of seasons after an overpay (prospect and 5 draft picks). I'd snap him up in a heartbeat! I think a lot of teams would for just one 2nd rounder.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Would Florida? Florida is so much better when Bennett is in the line up, and what will he want on a new contract. Love the way this kid plays.

They need to find a way to pay Reinhart, Lundell and Montour. Plus they only have three defensemen with contracts next season (OEL, Kulikov and Mahura all expire) and only have six forwards signed next season (Barkov, Rodrigues, Tkachuk, Verhaeghe, Loustaranien and Bennett).

Lundell has already played in Bennett's spot when he has been out this season and has looked good there. Moving Bennett gets them 4.25m closer to solving this problem they are about to run into.

Do we have any idea how much the cap may go up by?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They need to find a way to pay Reinhart, Lundell and Montour. Plus they only have three defensemen with contracts next season (OEL, Kulikov and Mahura all expire) and only have six forwards signed next season (Barkov, Rodrigues, Tkachuk, Verhaeghe, Loustaranien and Bennett).

Lundell has already played in Bennett's spot when he has been out this season and has looked good there. Moving Bennett gets them 4.25m closer to solving this problem they are about to run into.

Do we have any idea how much the cap may go up by?
I think around 88 mil.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Push Maccelli to his off-wing?

Keller - Bjugstad - Schmaltz
Guentzel - Hayton - Maccelli
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Kerfoot - McBain - Doan

I'd rather see more toughness in the lineup but maybe we get that on defense instead.
Agreed. A 6'4" 216lb center with the 6 pick would be a step in the right direction there. :)

Edit:

You need strength and toughness in the playoffs...

“I think he got away with a shot. But I’m not gonna complain. Shit happens. … I’ve been on the other side of a lot of plays. That’s part of the game, part of playoff hockey. Sucks to be on the other side of it, but that stuff happens. .... People don’t wanna say it but part of playoffs is trying to hurt every player on the other team, and the more guys you take out, the more advantage your team has.” - Brad Marchand on Sam Bennett injuring him

Last edited:

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
That's horrible. That's why the Olympics is the best hockey in the world. Hopefully the NHL will actually call it rules in the rulebook

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
That's horrible. That's why the Olympics is the best hockey in the world. Hopefully the NHL will actually call it rules in the rulebook
Olympics are great, but there’s nothing in all of sports like playoff hockey. I think they have done a good job of finding the middle ground between calling too much or letting it go too far. In recent years right after some of the rule changes with hooking and slashing I saw absolutely nothing get called in the playoffs and I was irritated by it, because these were calls that would be made 10/10 times in the regular season…and a team with a really good PP that was a big part of their regular season success was all of a sudden a non factor in the playoffs. This year there seem to be a lot of calls being made and special teams has been a big part of games, but I’ve also seen them let things go and let the players dictate the game and not be too ticky tacky…I think the refs have been doing a pretty good job this playoffs.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
A) don’t believe this Kouleas guy knows anything.
B) Guentzel will be 30 when the season starts.

I don’t see it.
A) He doesn't. Most of them don't. They have no information just speculating based on perceived fit.
B) I don't think he's a need and yes, he's older than our sweet spot. He would just be a splash with short term benefit. 1C, 1D, 2D is the pool I want them to splash in...don't need to spend mad money on a winger.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A) He doesn't. Most of them don't. They have no information just speculating based on perceived fit.
B) I don't think he's a need and yes, he's older than our sweet spot. He would just be a splash with short term benefit. 1C, 1D, 2D is the pool I want them to splash in...don't need to spend mad money on a winger.
BA came right out and basically said it’s stupid to give 6+ year deals to 29+ year olds.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
BA came right out and basically said it’s stupid to give 6+ year deals to 29+ year olds.
Truth...and it pretty much is but with new owner and new president of hockey ops (or whatever he will be called)...well we would find out who is in charge if they were to make a signing like that.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Push Maccelli to his off-wing?

Keller - Bjugstad - Schmaltz
Guentzel - Hayton - Maccelli
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther
Kerfoot - McBain - Doan

I'd rather see more toughness in the lineup but maybe we get that on defense instead.
Keller Hayton Schmaltz
Guentzel Cooley Guenther
Crouse Bugstad Macellli
Kerfoot McBain Doan

I would rather get another center that can win a faceoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad