2024 off ice personnel changes, updates

BMN

Jun 2, 2021
Fun challenge for whatever coach replaces him. If they rally through the series to win but then fall behind in the semis, do they bring Kravets back? :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Mike Grier continues to misstep.
Why? Because the guy wasn't doing his job and getting paid/taking advantage of the Sharks organization? Selected the wrong guy?

Or because the Sharks wouldn't have a dedicated boots on the ground scout in Russia? (Their work around this season is to have Ukrainian scout go to games and have Zoom interviews with Russian native speaker.)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Why? Because the guy wasn't doing his job and getting paid/taking advantage of the Sharks organization? Selected the wrong guy?

Or because the Sharks wouldn't have a dedicated boots on the ground scout in Russia? (Their work around this season is to have Ukrainian scout go to games and have Zoom interviews with Russian native speaker.)
My comments is more towards I don’t see any consistent plan or approach to what Grier is doing in SJ. But then again I really don’t care. Was just a comment that he hired the guy and less than a year later fires him. Most times that’s an admission that you made the wrong hiring decision.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My comments is more towards I don’t see any consistent plan or approach to what Grier is doing in SJ. But then again I really don’t care. Was just a comment that he hired the guy and less than a year later fires him. Most times that’s an admission that you made the wrong hiring decision.
And better that than keeping guy? Could be GMMG needs to improve networking in Eastern Europe to get the right guy.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
And better that than keeping guy? Could be GMMG needs to improve networking in Eastern Europe to get the right guy.
Sure. Either way it’s reinforces that he needs to be better. Don’t see many other NHL franchises running out media releases saying they are firing someone the same GM just hired a few months back.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sure. Either way it’s reinforces that he needs to be better. Don’t see many other NHL franchises running out media releases saying they are firing someone the same GM just hired a few months back.
They didn't. Reporter made announcement.

(I'm guessing in response to information he got on road trip)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Canada will have different GMs and possibly different coaching staffs for 4 Nations Faceoff and Olympics. But could be the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad