GDT: 2024 NHL Sharks Lottery Draft (update: We won! Sharks will pick 1st for the first time ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Nah, the only people who want Smith back at BC in 24-25 is BC. If you are Smith, you just led the NCAA in points as a freshman. You have nothing to prove. No need to risk injury in the NCAA, might as start making that NHL money now.

And arguably, the only thing you have left to prove, is that you are better than the Hobey Baker winner, who happens to be upcoming San Jose Shark Mackdaddy. Might as well play with him this fall in San Jose.
I imagine getting shutout in the championship game left a bad taste in his mouth.

Reactions: Sandisfan

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I'm ssooooo jazzed this. I really feel it is an inflection point for the sharks. With arguably the top 2 NCAA players, 40M in space and a new coach, its a whole new ball game. Also Musty, Bystedt, and haltunnen all have NHL size already, so I wonder what the second wave of forward prospects also looks like.

Now, the D... hmmmm....

I expect the sharks will draft a D at 14 (yakemchuk? or Jiricek). However, I would be OK if they traded down to the early 20's for another 2nd rounder, and then picked 4 D with picks 20-something, 33, 43, and added second.) You gotta figure if they can draft 4D, they will get 2 good ones.

Either that, or trade up from 14 if they can snatch a good one like Perekh, Buium, or Dickinson who falls. Most years, someone mysteriously slides and since there is so much disagreement in the top 15, it's possible the sharks could package a second rounder to move up and snatch a top D. The sharks picks is basically a very late 1st (33rd overall) and they have the NJ 43rd, so they could definitely package one of those to move up if the opportunity arises.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
The horrors we've had to witness as followers of the '23-'24 San Jose Sharks are enough to stain generations with plague.

We weren't gifted the honor of drafting #1 via a lottery.

We fought for this and we earned this.

GNAu6s4XUAExaPg.jpeg

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm ssooooo jazzed this. I really feel it is an inflection point for the sharks. With arguably the top 2 NCAA players, 40M in space and a new coach, its a whole new ball game. Also Musty, Bystedt, and haltunnen all have NHL size already, so I wonder what the second wave of forward prospects also looks like.

Now, the D... hmmmm....

I expect the sharks will draft a D at 14 (yakemchuk? or Jiricek). However, I would be OK if they traded down to the early 20's for another 2nd rounder, and then picked 4 D with picks 20-something, 33, 43, and added second.) You gotta figure if they can draft 4D, they will get 2 good ones.

Either that, or trade up from 14 if they can snatch a good one like Perekh, Buium, or Dickinson who falls. Most years, someone mysteriously slides and since there is so much disagreement in the top 15, it's possible the sharks could package a second rounder to move up and snatch a top D. The sharks picks is basically a very late 1st (33rd overall) and they have the NJ 43rd, so they could definitely package one of those to move up if the opportunity arises.

Obviously if there's a good opportunity, you have to take it, but this has a chance to be as big of a draft for the Sharks as 2017 was for the Stars (Heiskanen, Otter, Robertson in first two rounds), and IMHO, I'd probably just want to keep our current allotment of 1sts and 2nds.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
We need to go BPA at 14. If that's a winger like Eiserman or Sennecke that's fine.

Even if you draft a defenseman at that slot he's probably not helping you for 3-4 years.

Draft BPA first then use the assets you accumulate to acquire established top 4 defensemen.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
kunin is your #11 ???

Hard agree, future captain.
I was trying to do my best to stay current, damint.

Dude what? You should be ashamed.

Will Smith wears 2 or the Sharks now.
We have Macklin now. I don't care about Smith, just like I stopped caring about Eklund when we drafted Smith.

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
Hello my name is Juxtaposer and I am a fan of a team with Macklin Celebrini!!!!!!
You did it Jux! You went outside, touched grass, and the universe said "This is for you."

Does this count as winning so Shorks can only get #1 once more in the next 5 years?
Yes.

Edit : Im totally wrong don't listen to me.

Last edited:

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
So now that our #1 pick is a lock, the attention shifts to our 14th pick. As a rebuilding team, you should always pick the best available prospect. But we also need a D. Who are you all rooting for at 14th for us? Would you trade up?

Reactions: sharks_dynasty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad