2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
That is now two nights in a row, by two of the top teams in the league. I guess we are not the only team who does this, but it is funny that when it happens to other teams it does not seem to lead to nearly as much mockery around the league.
The other teams have the firepower to recover. The isles blew their offense just getting the lead. They don’t have more after that - offense and mental fortitude.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
The other teams have the firepower to recover. The isles blew their offense just getting the lead. They don’t have more after that - offense and mental fortitude.
This really does not make any sense considering both Dallas and Edmonton lost those games and didnt score another goal after taking the 3 goal lead. So clearly firepower or not they in fact did NOT recover from it.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
This really does not make any sense considering both Dallas and Edmonton lost those games and didnt score another goal after taking the 3 goal lead. So clearly firepower or not they in fact did NOT recover from it.
Sure, you are discussing the narrative, which is those teams are known to score goals, something the Isles are not know for at all. So, deference is paid to a team that could vs a team that can’t.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Sure, you are discussing the narrative, which is those teams are known to score goals, something the Isles are not know for at all. So, deference is paid to a team that could vs a team that can’t.
Yet the end result was the same between those that could and those that can’t.

Do you watch any other NHL games or just isles?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yet the end result was the same between those that could and those that can’t.

Do you watch any other NHL games or just isles?
I do, but it’s kinda obvious that when the Isles fold they are toast. A Dallas or EDM can turn it around bc they have the skill to capitalize on dumb penalties, turnovers, etc. of the opponent if/when they play like the Isles when they have a nice lead.

Under Trotz the Isles could work themselves back into the game. Now?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Who blew the most leads during the regular season? Wasn't it the Islanders? If you're the worst you'll get more flack than other teams.

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Seeing some of those goals in the VAN/EDM game last night, I'm thinking I don't want either of those teams coming out of the West if the NYR make the finals. The "you can win a Cup without a top goalie" think is nice and all, so long as your average guy gets hot. But I just don't see either of those teams and their goaltending beating the NYR with Shesterkin. :shakehead

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Seeing some of those goals in the VAN/EDM game last night, I'm thinking I don't want either of those teams coming out of the West if the NYR make the finals. The "you can win a Cup without a top goalie" think is nice and all, so long as your average guy gets hot. But I just don't see either of those teams and their goaltending beating the NYR with Shesterkin. :shakehead
It’s one of the reasons I am not a fan of EDM advancing. Yes, the McDrai is really nice to watch, but my lord, the rest? It’s 90s expansion level bad.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I usually have a team to go for when the Isles are out, but I really don't like any of these teams. Then I generally go with players, which I guess it will have be from here on out.

But I can't stand the Hurricanes, Rags lol, hate the Bruins, maybe the Panthers? I don't have such a strong hatred for them and making the Canadian fans mad by having "non-hockey markets" winning is always something I enjoy.

I wasn't alive for the Oilers ruining the 5th cup, but I still hate them for it, I like Thatcher Demko, but he's not even playing and don't care about the rest of Vancouver, I don't care for Colorado or Dallas.

So I just may have thought as a I typed and come to the conclusion I'll root for Florida?

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I find it amazing how the Hurricanes toss us around, while the Rangers are just pimp walking these clowns. Its absolutely sad. The Rangers are going to win the cup and we're gonna have to hear how the Rangers are the best team ever.

Carolina cant be serious at all. Their power play hasn't scored at ALL. They killed us in every game man.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I usually have a team to go for when the Isles are out, but I really don't like any of these teams. Then I generally go with players, which I guess it will have be from here on out.

But I can't stand the Hurricanes, Rags lol, hate the Bruins, maybe the Panthers? I don't have such a strong hatred for them and making the Canadian fans mad by having "non-hockey markets" winning is always something I enjoy.

I wasn't alive for the Oilers ruining the 5th cup, but I still hate them for it, I like Thatcher Demko, but he's not even playing and don't care about the rest of Vancouver, I don't care for Colorado or Dallas.

So I just may have thought as a I typed and come to the conclusion I'll root for Florida?
Vancouver is my bandwagon team next to Florida. I hate both the Canes and Rangers but Carolina deserved it for how cocky they got for beating the WORST PK ever

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The Canes are f***ing pathetic and we couldn't even take them to 6 games.
Difference between an ELITE team who can kill a penalty, and a team who barely got in who has two good players and a center who cant agitate

Nelson, you're on the hot seat

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Let’s hope this finally gets Brind’Amour fired because even if we meet Carolina again next year I’ll be thrilled if their coach is different and the system is different

Reactions: Osakahaus

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That was eerily similar to the Tampa game tying goal in game 3 in 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad